Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage quote

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009 | 09:27 AM
Kski
|
Tourer

Yeah, I'm gonna go to the dealer in a bit here and talk to them. I didn't try to talk them down yet because I was just getting pricing and all that. I'll check to see if the 18,999 was otd or not. There are only two more dealerships in a 1 hour radius and one of them is the same dealer.

Old 03-24-2009 | 10:38 AM
Kski
|
Tourer

Alright went to the dealer and they won't come down from 18,999. Well, they actually came down to 18,995 because they say it looks better. lol. But other than that it's the out the door cost, as long as I don't get the extended warranty. Also, I guess in this state they don't do the tax and title so that's not included, I have to go downtown for that. It comes with the alarm, do they all come stock with that?

Speaking of that 5 year extended, is it worth the 1290 (including wheel and tire) for it? I got it on my buyers order for S&G's but I don't think I'm gonna get it. I didn't use it on the sporty, besides most aftermarket stuff voids it out anyways right?

Last question: Do you think I need to keep shopping?

Thanks

Last edited by Kski; 03-24-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-24-2009 | 10:43 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master

if that doesn't include the tax and title don't buy it. I just bought my wife's heritage for 19200. that included a 200 engine guard, 79 windscreen bag and about 1200 in taxes, 50 doc fee, 75 registration fee and 85 or so title fee.

the msrp on that bike is 17999. so they are charging you 1000 for shipping and prep if you have to pay all the other stuff. basically they are charging you msrp and a lot for shipping/prep. I'd walk on that deal.

Old 03-24-2009 | 10:54 AM
Ballsout
Cruiser

Agreed, Im walking with either $1500 off MSRP or $750 gift cert and 5-year ext warr. Plus 15% off accessories for up to 1 year after purchase. That is that particular dealerships current promo.

Thats all before I negociated the percent rate. Shop around, get things in writing. Youll know when you step in a good deal

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
Kind of tough when you're doing a trade in. Too easy for them to play games with you. With the HD sporty deal going on most dealers have more used ones in stock than they can handle.

Bought both of our bikes in 08 for at least $1500 under MSRP w/o trying. But there's alot of competition in our area and it's a different world now. If dealers have less bikes coming from the MoCo and they're selling less they may feel they need to make more from each bike. Can't say for sure.

Best way to determine their bottom line is to shop around and make offers and counteroffers until someone gets tired. It can be a tiring game and some (including myself) rarely have the stomach or patience for it

Old 03-24-2009 | 10:57 AM
hellfish
Tourer

It all depends on the location, but all my dealer (Dallas, TX) have no haggle room ...its MSRP plus their monly specials and that it is.

Old 03-24-2009 | 11:09 AM
Kski
|
Tourer

Yeah, I'm no negotiator. I get flustered and start forgetting ****. I wish I had taken a public speaking class or something in school haha. But, I will play one off the other. I have this dealers bill of sale in writing so now I'm gonna go to a dealer a little further away with this and see what they'll do to beat it, then go back and forth until they stop going down.

But anyways, about this warranty, does anyone get this thing?

Old 03-24-2009 | 11:37 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master

just remember you're in the drivers seat. be confident and willing to walk. no one HAS to buy a bike...we do because we WANT a bike.... in order for them to stay in business they have to sell bikes/parts/service. go in with the price you would like, a not to exceed number that you feel good about. start with the low and you may have to negotiate up to or close to your high number, but don't go above it...no matter how shiny the bike is....stay firm and walk if you need to.

Old 03-24-2009 | 11:42 AM
09heritagerider
Road Captain

Negotiation is definitely an art! They must be making some sales lately if they continue to let you walk out. I would go with your original plan...go to another dealership and tell them you want to buy an 09 Heritage today. Don't tell them how much you want to spend and allow them to deal with you to the point where you are nearing your comfort zone. Then tell them what you are willing to pay for the bike out the door (MSRP is 17,999 on a black Heritage)...You MUST have a solid/reasonable number in mind before you walk in unless you want accessories, etc with the deal. Take your time and shop around unless you have a relatively large budget. Remember that you have all the leverage in this deal and the power to purchase or walk out!

Old 03-24-2009 | 11:56 AM
Kski
|
Tourer

So I take it that msrp is not a reasonable offer for me to give? Do I go lower to start? I'm just wondering if this other dealer is gonna have the same crap about paying people to uncrate and assemble and blah blah blah. That was what I got from these people. No hidden fees they say. That and they said that msrp isn't the same for bikes as it is for cars, for cars msrp is the high and for bikes msrp is the low. They have to add stuff on because of this and that. It all comes off as bull**** to me. It is funny that they keep letting me leave. They keep asking me when I'm gonna pick it up but they're not trying to keep me in the store.
I'm getting awesome advice from you guys otherwise, but I still need to know if this warranty is something I should get or not. I'm saying no, but that's only because I didn't have to use the last one that I paid out the nose for.

Last edited by Kski; 03-24-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-24-2009 | 12:04 PM
keltonkrew
Road Master

I paid 1000 under msrp, 300 for shipping, 300 for prep plus TTL. they are jerking your chain.

you can always get the extended warranty anytime after buying the bike. they wanted 2000 for the 5 year warranty and I laughed and told them no that there are better options and I'll take those.

just hang in there and keep the faith. when it's right it will be right.

Quick Reply: Heritage quote