Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tooks some pics of our weekend ride.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dont forget to go see "Frank The Tuner" down at SR off Platte and circle when youre done.
719-573-4443

He tuned my Train with his direct link stuff and its badass. He set the idle super low and the thing thumps and sounds like its an old carbed shovel at stoplights. His tune is just spot on the money and my bike has been flawless since dave's at PPHD's motor work and Franks killah' tune.

Last edited by Chazmanian; 03-25-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:27 AM
hogwash
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you have a complex because the wife has Stage1 with pipes and you don't...lol

Old 03-24-2009, 11:30 AM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very cool pics...thanks for sharing

Old 03-24-2009, 11:44 AM
elvis8310
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
Dont forget to go see "Frank The Tuner" down at SR off Platte and circle when youre done.
719-573-4443

He tuned my Train with his direct link mastertune stuff and its badass. He set the idle super low and the thing thumps and sounds like its an old carbed shovel at stoplights. His tune is just spot on the money and my bike has been flawless since dave's at PPHD's motor work and Franks killah' tune.
The bike is there today getting a new rear tire and my springer service. Does frank work at the shop off of Powers? I am new to town and only know of the harley shops in the springs, I use the one off Powers as it is close to my house.

Old 03-24-2009, 11:57 AM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice, took my family there last summer did all the tourist stuff, the best was Pikes Peak. We drove up the top and all I kept thinking was how great it would be by bike. Have you rode to the top?

Attached Thumbnails Tooks some pics of our weekend ride.-bighorn-sheep-3.jpg   Tooks some pics of our weekend ride.-kids-at-leaning-rock.jpg  
Old 03-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by elvis8310
The bike is there today getting a new rear tire and my springer service. Does frank work at the shop off of Powers? I am new to town and only know of the harley shops in the springs, I use the one off Powers as it is close to my house.
I have Dave down at the Nevada store do my motor work but Frank at SR tuning located off Platte and Circle is the only coice for getting a good tune in this town.

Here is a link with his address:http://www.sr-tuning.us/

With pipes and an air cleaner you are gonna need a fuel management system. The guys at the harley shop just cant get you where you need to be as you would essentially have a young kid fresh outta MMI without much experince trying tune your pride and joy on a crappy dyno that dosent even work right.

Without a good tune the pipes and AC are pert near worthless.

Call Frank. It will cost you $250.00 less money than the haley dealer and most guys that get there bikes tuned by them end up at franks shop to get it done right in the end!

573-4443 Tell him Chuck Smith sent ya. He may cut you a special deal on your tune!

Old 03-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so jealous...I want to go riding in such a nice place too

Old 03-24-2009, 03:27 PM
elvis8310
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
I have Dave down at the Nevada store do my motor work but Frank at SR tuning located off Platte and Circle is the only coice for getting a good tune in this town.

Here is a link with his address:http://www.sr-tuning.us/

With pipes and an air cleaner you are gonna need a fuel management system. The guys at the harley shop just cant get you where you need to be as you would essentially have a young kid fresh outta MMI without much experince trying tune your pride and joy on a crappy dyno that dosent even work right.

Without a good tune the pipes and AC are pert near worthless.

Call Frank. It will cost you $250.00 less money than the haley dealer and most guys that get there bikes tuned by them end up at franks shop to get it done right in the end!

573-4443 Tell him Chuck Smith sent ya. He may cut you a special deal on your tune!
Did you use the harley system or a PC3? I am lost as to which one works best.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:34 PM
1st HD
Outstanding HDF Member

Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for the pictures.

Old 03-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Night Stalker
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like a good time!

Quick Reply: Tooks some pics of our weekend ride.