Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beach Bars. Like'em or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 10:41 PM
travroc
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lovemydeluxe
oops, forgot to attach these pics of the bars. i did it at first just for the look. same with the springer seat. give it a nice nostalgic look.
Nice work. That is one of the best lookin' Deluxes I have seen. Nice paint.

What kind of highway pegs are those? Thanks

Old 03-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

+1 on the Burly's...I sat on a RK that had them and they were suweeeet! Be sure you buy proper cables when you change them out though. The bars will sit lower than stock, and in my case, if they're stretched tight (on slow right hand turns) the stock cables will rub the paint on the tank. If they had been installed properly the first time I wouldn't have had to spend $$ on cables and clear coat.

Last edited by Whiskers; 03-18-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:52 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I had HD wide beach bars previously... they were killing my lower back, being 6'3" they are not the best bars, serious improvement with the tall ape hangers. My $.02

Mimo.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:16 PM
Leonidas
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kkinderen
I don't have those particular ones. I'm using the W1 WO550. I love beach bars both for the looks and the improved comfort. Mine sit me up a bit straighter than the stock bars. Getting the wiring inside the bars if you can is a definite improvement.
I'm thinking of getting the same bars as you. Do the bars get in the way when doing slow speed maneuvers, like have the bar end hit your leg when steering all the way left or right?

Old 03-19-2009, 12:45 AM
lovemydeluxe
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cant quite remember. i think they are kuryakyn- cruise arm mark IV. about $200? i really like them, but because of the springer seat being higher, i think ill need to get some peg extensions.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:04 AM
lovemydeluxe
Advanced

Originally Posted by Whiskers
+1 on the Burly's...I sat on a RK that had them and they were suweeeet! Be sure you buy proper cables when you change them out though. The bars will sit lower than stock, and in my case, if they're stretched tight (on slow right hand turns) the stock cables will rub the paint on the tank. If they had been installed properly the first time I wouldn't have had to spend $$ on cables and clear coat.

they did the bars & risers, and diamondback lines all at the same time. havent got a chance to ride yet since its been to cold. but i think it will clear the tank on turns. it better, im very picky about the paint.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:16 AM
kkinderen
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Leonidas
I'm thinking of getting the same bars as you. Do the bars get in the way when doing slow speed maneuvers, like have the bar end hit your leg when steering all the way left or right?
At the angle I have them, yes. They brush the top of my thigh. It hasn't affected me much, I guess I never bring it right to the stops. When I pull in to park at home I need to make a sharp u-turn at a very slow speed and back in. Hasn't been a problem.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:22 AM
jwilson77
Cruiser

I personally love the look of beach bars, I just cannot decide which ones to put on my deluxe. Part of the problem for me is that I want to keep the stock riser.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:32 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had to use a kuryakyn cable clamp for my throttle/idle cables, diamondback, to keep them off my tank. it was an easy solution. however I could of also turned the brake line a bit and zip tied the cable all together.
Originally Posted by Whiskers