Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'08 Deluxe seat issues w/ modification

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 09:28 AM
saltydawg
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '08 Deluxe seat issues w/ modification

Uncomfortable & I need to move my butt back. I called Meancity Cycle & was advised that HD made the pan so that it could not be modified to move the rider back.

Has anyone had the same issue & had the seat modified anyway? Meancity stated it can be lowered & bucketed out which may help. Anyone?

Old 03-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no personal experience here, but there must be aftermarket seat that should help.
the deluxe seat moves the rider forward, so I would expect there to be a seat that does not do that, then you can change the raisers to they don't pull the bars back as far and put forward controls on to move your feet forward.

good luck

Old 03-18-2009, 11:04 AM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Put a seat from a Heritage Springer on it and problem solved.

Mike
NY

Old 03-18-2009, 11:33 AM
jbg
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had C&C Seats put a gel pad in and narrow the front of the seat a bit. I wasn't looking to move back though. They did have a nice seat there that he said would have moved me back a little though. Although, Chuck (the owner) was very honest with me and even he didn't recommend changing the seat because the factory seat matches the bags and the passenger pillion so nicely. But he also showed me a totally custom seat he was making for someone and it was sweet. Call Chuck and explain what you're looking for.

Old 03-18-2009, 06:26 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jbg
I had C&C Seats put a gel pad in and narrow the front of the seat a bit. I wasn't looking to move back though. They did have a nice seat there that he said would have moved me back a little though. Although, Chuck (the owner) was very honest with me and even he didn't recommend changing the seat because the factory seat matches the bags and the passenger pillion so nicely. But he also showed me a totally custom seat he was making for someone and it was sweet. Call Chuck and explain what you're looking for.
This is a good idea. I had C&C make the seat on my Sportster and I've been wishing there was a way I could have a gel pad and a leather insert in my stock Deluxe seat. I like it because it blends with the bike better than any other seat. Think I will give C&C a call and see what they can do for me. Unfortunately, Im not in OC so I might have to spend money on shipping, twice.

Old 03-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

seat from a FatBoy, or a Heritage will do what you want, and fit easily. Just mamke sure its the same year, as some of the MOCO the seats changed in 2008 ( touring for certian)

I can't ride the wifes Deluxe more than a few miles cause I am just too tall, so I bought a used heritage seat for when I have to ride her's. Changes in a minute, and I am good to go. Moves me back about 2 inches..

Old 03-18-2009, 08:22 PM
NavyPT
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put a Corbin seat on my Deluxe and it moved me back about an inch. Not much but it is noticeable.