Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe Detachable Bag Mounts ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 04:08 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Post Deluxe Detachable Bag Mounts ?

Looking to install detachable bag mounts on my Deluxe with the Harley Deluxe Hard Bags. I've found 3 companies who make these mounts, Easy Brackets, Ghost Brackets and Bare Backs. Which are the best ones to use and why? Thanks for any input.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:11 PM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

I used Easy Brackets. Looking at them and Ghost Brackets from the end, Easy Brackets are boxed in where Ghost Brackets aren't. In my eyes that should make them a little more solid. I am happy with them. I can't comment on Bare Backs.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:52 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I used Easy Brackets. Looking at them and Ghost Brackets from the end, Easy Brackets are boxed in where Ghost Brackets aren't. In my eyes that should make them a little more solid. I am happy with them. I can't comment on Bare Backs.
Thanks Silver Fox. One question for ya, do the Easy Brackets make the bags stick out further from the bike than the standard fixed mounting? Seems like there might be a little more space between them and fender.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:49 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

The best detachable system by far is bubbas. They have the cleanest look and the bags are tight to the bike just like they are hard mounted. I have bubbas system on my Deluxe and had it on my Heritage. It's expensive but worth it IMHO

Old 03-17-2009, 10:17 PM
Bilboy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Between the EZ brackets and Barebacks it's no contest. The Barebacks are much better looking, easy to install, and rock solid.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:17 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by stratplexi
The best detachable system by far is bubbas. They have the cleanest look and the bags are tight to the bike just like they are hard mounted. I have bubbas system on my Deluxe and had it on my Heritage. It's expensive but worth it IMHO
I agree, Bubbas is hands down the cleanest and closest mounting system for HD Factory bags.

I used EZ Brackets on my bags because they came with them and I dont run the bags but about 50% or less of the time. EZ Brackets will set the bags out about 1.25 inch

Old 03-18-2009, 06:39 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bilboy
Between the EZ brackets and Barebacks it's no contest. The Barebacks are much better looking, easy to install, and rock solid.
Good info...thank you. Only thing that concerns me about the Barebacks is they don't lock. Guess it's not that much of an issue. I didn't care for the fact that Easy Brackets require drilling holes in the bags....

Old 03-18-2009, 06:40 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by XARAN
I agree, Bubbas is hands down the cleanest and closest mounting system for HD Factory bags.

I used EZ Brackets on my bags because they came with them and I dont run the bags but about 50% or less of the time. EZ Brackets will set the bags out about 1.25 inch

Strat and Xaran....checking the Bubbas out right now....Seems like it could be between those and the Barebacks....Will keep ya posted.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

I see you got your answer about Easy Brackets keeping the bags out. Sounds like there's quite a variety of mounting brackets out there, you'll find one you like. This is a good place to ask about things, you'll get plenty of helpful feed back.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:38 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member

Well I checked out the Bubba's and they look like an excellent detach mounting system for the Deluxe. I like how they also use the extra bracket underneath to the frame. Although, the HD hard Deluxe bags are so small, putting extra weight in them really isn't an issue. That along with the over $200 for the Bubba's has me steering towards the Bare Backs. Even though they aren't lockable, I think they will serve my needs well. Also thinking if I buy the Harley lockable kit for my sissy bar, that will actually lock the detach mounts into place. On top of that, my bags lock also so I should be good to go. Will get some pics once I get all the parts in my hands and on my bike. Hopefully no more than a few weeks. Next up is deciding on a nice T-Bag. Ahhhh...decisions decisions ;-)