Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hooker trouble makers quality?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 09:39 PM
BAGGED_STANDARD
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hooker trouble makers quality?

i just purchased a set fo hooker trouble makers pipes. i had them on for no more than 75 miles and the chrome started to pit in the middle of the pipe. it looks like a bad skin burn. it is right where the pipe and the shield meet. has anyone had a problem and how did hooker handle it? i really hope they will give me a refund, or possibly trade for a forbidden ceramic pipe. what do you think?

Old 03-16-2009, 01:57 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

there it is again. i've heard of many people having problems with those pipes and the chrome. did you just get the pipes from them when they were having that 75% off sale they just had?

you should reach out to them as quick as possible before they shut down their motorcycle operation for good .

Old 03-16-2009, 07:20 AM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alain
there it is again. i've heard of many people having problems with those pipes and the chrome. did you just get the pipes from them when they were having that 75% off sale they just had?

you should reach out to them as quick as possible before they shut down their motorcycle operation for good .
After selling literally thousands of sets, of course there is bound to be a problem with a set or 2, it's normal.

Heck I bought a set of Yaffe X-pipes, and went through 2 sets because of crappy welds. The pipes just basically "fell" off because the welds just broke. Although they did respond after every call, the 3rd set I got I never even opened the box and sold them on ebay because it just wasn't worth it.

A guy on another forum swore he would never buy V&H's again for a bad fit and poor quality too. It's not just Hooker, they all have issue's at one point or another.

Call them a.s.a.p. as Alain stated, it's only time before they are out of stock.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:04 AM
Bossman1
Outstanding HDF Member

Samson was the worst I ever had never had hookers on a bike loved them on my hot rods tho!!!

Old 03-16-2009, 01:12 PM
utz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I think that was a freak thing so many guys on here have no problems at all I would call asap just to be safe they still have them in stock.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:26 PM
BAGGED_STANDARD
Advanced

i have tried calling every number i can find and all i do is sit on hold. for such a big company they have the worst company service i have ever delt with! i am so pissed off at them i just want my money back. but NO BODY WILL PICK UP THE DAMN PHONE!!! i have herd alot of good about the pipes. i dont know what to do.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:29 PM
eddyp
Cruiser

Was just looking at ordering these pipes for my bike, Living in the UK there is no way I could return them. Must say Im a bit put off now

Old 03-16-2009, 03:31 PM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BAGGED_STANDARD
i have tried calling every number i can find and all i do is sit on hold. for such a big company they have the worst company service i have ever delt with! i am so pissed off at them i just want my money back. but NO BODY WILL PICK UP THE DAMN PHONE!!! i have herd alot of good about the pipes. i dont know what to do.

Bagged, not for nothing, I just called 270 781-9741 (Tech Service) and got right through.

Also try 270 782-2900 (Custom Shop)
or 270 781-9741.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:42 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I called them before I ordered mine, I was probably on hold for like 20 minutes the first time. I was at work so I hung up and tried again later. The second time, I was on hold for like 10 minutes. I did get through though. Just be patient, they will answer eventually. So far, I have had no problems with mine either, but they are the black ones, and I have heard that the majority of the problems with Hooker pipes, are with the chrome.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:47 PM
518Train
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Yea my Darksides are fine.When i ordered mine i was on hold for 30 mins.

Quick Reply: hooker trouble makers quality?