Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Bags - Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 07:36 AM
fourspeed
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Bags-Deluxe

url8, thanks for your help with the pictures and hope the recovery goes well for you.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:20 PM
08deluxe
Novice

I just ordered the bags from Hogdeluxe. He seams like a real nice guy, and was willing to answer any questions I had. It will take about four weeks to have made and delivered as he is a little backed up with prior orders. I ordered the deluxe bags with the locking lids. Can't wait to see them on the bike. I will update when I recieve them.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:41 PM
HogDeluxe
Former Sponsor

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the kind comments on the bags. It's nice to see my hard work being appreciated. Just thought I drop in and say high to everyone. ElSupremeo I answered your questions. Feel free to call me off line. Don't want to upset the forum by tooting my own horn.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:12 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Those Hog Deluxe bags with the EZ-Brackets looks excellent. I bought BareBacks detachable mounts for my HD Stock Bags...hate the way they look as they sit too far off the bike...looks totally retarded. The HogDeluxe's lip on the bags appears to make the back sit closer to the bike....If I had to do it all over again, this is the route I'd go...Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I will be selling $135 Barebacks for $50 :-)

Old 04-14-2009, 09:32 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by url8
Just ordered up a pair of HogDeluxe bags today, and this is the pic that was the deciding factor for me. Well, that and talking with Mike about what I am trying to do with my bike. I can't remember the last time I talked with someone about their product and was treated so nicely. He's going out of his way to give me what I'm after, and I'm psyched to get the bags. It's gonna seem like a long wait, but it's gonna be worth it!

Old 04-14-2009, 11:11 PM
oldbmxer66
Advanced

Originally Posted by abrailman
I have Hog Deluxe bags. They are fantastic. High quality, heavy leather. They are big. I can fit my 3/4 helmet into them.
They come with easy brackets and the proper strut bolts. I have v&h true duals so room is not an issue.

I just got them late last year and haven't taken any pics since.
Do the hog deluxe bags installed with the easy brackets rattle around at all? I have the Boss bags and I liked the easy on and off with the supplied hardware but couldn't stand the movement of them. I have since modified them to make them a rigid mount bag. I used nylon spacers and washers with the existing holes. I made them fit as tight to the bike as possible without the swingarm hitting but I still think they stick out too much. They still only take 5 minutes or so to install or remove.
I will sell the Boss bags if anyone is interested so I can get the Hog Deluxe bags.
I was just trying to post my bags for sale in the classified section but I can't yet because I don't have 25 posts. I was looking for threads to reply to and came across this one. Sorry if I am out of line.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:43 PM
oldbmxer66
Advanced

here's my bags tucked in as far as possible

Old 04-14-2009, 11:46 PM
chordstrummer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ElSupremo
Just ordered up a pair of HogDeluxe bags today, and this is the pic that was the deciding factor for me. Well, that and talking with Mike about what I am trying to do with my bike. I can't remember the last time I talked with someone about their product and was treated so nicely. He's going out of his way to give me what I'm after, and I'm psyched to get the bags. It's gonna seem like a long wait, but it's gonna be worth it!
I think they're going to look great on your bike -- good choice. Would love to see pics when you get them.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:56 AM
BlackRob
Tourer

Those bags look really good. That's what I was looking for when I bought mine. I didn't like all the ones that used the Ghost Brackets because they stuck out way too far so I settled on the HD detachable ones. HD's are great but they do not hold very much. I would really like a set of the Hog Deluxe ones that go down a little farther to look better with lower exhaust pipes. Maybe in the future?

Old 04-15-2009, 09:02 AM
url8
Road Master

Originally Posted by ElSupremo
Supremeo you wont be sorry you went with the bags. Had a competitors bag and the fit and finish were first rate however, talk about a "bolt on!" I could NOT get past the fact that the bag sits so far away from the bike. From the side..looked great but as you walked around the back, they didn't look right and I hated that. I stumbled on Mikes web site and he was close enough for me to go to his shop and was I impressed. He is not only a leather craftsman, hes a biker as well. I talked to him several times by phone and get this..I wasn't sure if I wanted to go with the bigger bag thats pictured. He peels off his bags, I used them for the weekend and I placed my order that Sunday and couldn't be happier. I'm rambling, sorry..youre going to love them!!

Originally Posted by oldbmxer66
Do the hog deluxe bags installed with the easy brackets rattle around at all? I have the Boss bags and I liked the easy on and off with the supplied hardware but couldn't stand the movement of them. I have since modified them to make them a rigid mount bag. I used nylon spacers and washers with the existing holes. I made them fit as tight to the bike as possible without the swingarm hitting but I still think they stick out too much. They still only take 5 minutes or so to install or remove.
I will sell the Boss bags if anyone is interested so I can get the Hog Deluxe bags.

Mxer66 bags fit snug and you wont have any problem with rattling, none that I have noticed anyway.

Quick Reply: New Bags - Deluxe