Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC-V installed today

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:44 AM
JR Ryder
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're right about "having fun" versus "insulting". You did nothing wrong man (hellfish). I realize this is WAY off topic, however it DOES warrant some discussion. There was a comment on one of the threads though where PC H threatened B&C9.... literally. Something about knocking his teeth out. That was definitely not warranted, and should be cause for some form of reprimand. Not sure which thread it was on, but it was certainly a threat. I think if there was a P.O.T.M. (Post Of The Month), similar to B.O.T.M., my vote for 1'st and 2'nd would go to hellfish HANDS-DOWN. HILARIOUS..... Yes, silly bickering, but entertaining (part of the reason we are all here right?). It'll be interesting to see what happens if they both come back to this forum. Tom & Jerry again? I doubt it..... more like Eddie Haskells on their best behaviour.

EDIT: It was post #23 on here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...tage-ii-3.html

Last edited by JR Ryder; 03-12-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:46 AM
hellfish
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks JR, I feel bad that I was involved ...but through this adversity, we can all grow as people.

appriciate the support

...and now on to more pressing topics, I'm off to make a post about hot-gluing some 'bling beads' to my gastank.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:03 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad you like the PCV, a 2in 1 performance pipe would give you more performance.
And the better air intake you have the more air you can flow with the right pipes.

I really like the Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage II air kit. you can hear it barkin with the air coming in. If you have the cover off and git yer hand near the filter it will suck yer hand on it.
The map from Jamie came in my PCV, I took it and had it dynoed and pulled 7 more HP and 4 lbs tq.
I was having a hard time crankin my bike before I had it dynoed. After dynoin it cranked easier.
Not bad for a 250.00 dyno considering hp is roughly 1000 per hp to git.
I had to cut some of the plactic coming down the frame on my FLHt to git the plug to fit in.
And I did git the auto tune modules. They will not update as you ride like the TM will.
You have to hook the PCv up to yer computer and update the trims. but updating the trims should be able help with the fuel milage.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ah looks like the ban was lifted

Old 03-12-2009, 02:09 PM
09Deluxe
Banned

Its funny how B&C09 gets banned for life then PC gets bann lifted. i guess its ok to THREATEN other members and to use PROFANITY to get away with it as PC has done to several people. All B&C09 was trying to do was to help PC then he blew up. I guess all you have to do is to put John TN on your friends list and JOhn TN will do as you say. B&C09 had no problems with anybody here on this forum. but PC had several problems with people. JOHN TN is deffinately wrong for banning B&C09. If this is how this forum works? Then NO THANX!!!!! Maybe Terry should rethink his choice of moderators here as JOHN TN is one sided!!!

Old 03-12-2009, 03:49 PM
pearlandhd
Cruiser

Dude.....Let it go.

Having a forum to communicate in is far more important than a disagreement.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It's over and time to ride. Put the wind in your face and the road ahead of you and everything will be good. Sounds like an ad huh

Old 03-12-2009, 06:19 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk and Chrome
It's over and time to ride. Put the wind in your face and the road ahead of you and everything will be good. Sounds like an ad huh
sounds like a great ideal. last week was 81, today 41, weekend we will see.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:48 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I read it and do not see why either got banned. I have insulted a few guys much worse in the political forum and had it returned. I had and outright argument with mikeeeeee in the religious forum once and did not get banned either.
I can say it is frustrating to come on here sometimes and ask for help, to just have guys make smart comments to you. It is also frustrating to ask a specific question and have people say "oh this again, try doing a search". If you do not have an answer then just say "I do not know". If you know then help them out.
In the real world I always try to help out a new guy no matter his age. I also try to understand the frustration associated with a learning curve.
I am lucky to have an old timer to help me out when I run into a wall in the real world. Why do we have to insult our peers on here, in our section?
Just my thoughts on the subject.
Oh one last thing I have a completely different opinion if you disagree with me in the political forum. However, i think that is a place designed for debate and insults, inherently.

Last edited by tlb; 03-12-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:10 PM
street_glider
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm thinking to PC, this forum is a big part of his social lifestyle, maybe even a compulsion/addiction. He admits he's not the most informed cyclist, and I think he truly loves this atmosphere and the concept of the motorcycling (Harley) community. Screen names can allow people to live, vicariously, through their perceptions of what that want to be as opposed to who they feel they really are.

I think B&C09 recognized this, smelt blood and just couldn't give up the chase. B&C09 followed this guy mercilessly and poked a finger in his eye at every opportunity, and got the reactions he was looking for. I would call it a form of bullying.

I'm just another dufus in here trying to pick-up on the years of experience and tried and true ways of doing things that might make the ride a little easier for myself. Making some friends along the way is another great bonus. I do know a little, and enjoy sharing what technical knowledge I might have, but I learn more than I can ever offer, for sure. I'm hoping that doesn't ever put me in the position PC found himself in; being hounded by another member who may be more knowledgeable, more practical, more 'biker'.

I don't mind a spirited debate, but we do need a little patience with some folks here.

Quick Reply: PC-V installed today