Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC-V installed today

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 07:35 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by boosteddelslow
I got so pissed trying to take that rely bracket out I took a pair of tin snips to that thing!!!

lol I did the same thing... first wire cutters then the tin snips.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:34 AM
pearlandhd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pensacola, did you download a map for your setup or just run the PCV as is? I've heard so many differing opinions about FI bikes. Are there instructions on how to adjust the AFR yourself or does the PCV do that on the fly? If so, do you have the ability to change the settings on the AFR?

Ryder, did adding pipes without changing the intake (allowing more air flow) have an effect on performance?

I have an 09 Fatboy also, I've heard if you change the pipes or the intake, but not both, you do not need fuel management devices because one end or the other is still restricted. Does that sound right?

Old 03-11-2009, 01:41 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i used a long thin flat blade screw driver and the relays came out fine. just 2 clips to release. I threw the instructions away for installing the pcIII as they were wrong for my bike. I see PC was banned. Hope he comes back.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the part that I have trouble following here is if you change the airfilter and the pipz, thus changing the air to fuel ratio (mostly due to the higher air intake) and then hook up a PC V (or any other such system) but then don't configure it...how is that going to change much.
The air intake itself with make a diff.
But you are going to have to download a map and upload into the PC V if you do not have the autotune on the PC V.

And the probs with downloaded maps is also that a) it needs to be exactly the same setup as yours for it to really get anywhere close to working properly for your bike. and b) even then each bike as it gets ridden in, sets itself differently. So that alone will make the map work differently on your bike than the person's bike who wrote the map.

You will always be better off getting it properly tuned in an acredited dyno tune place.
(at least my humble thoughts)

Old 03-11-2009, 02:56 PM
dobeman21
Cruiser

I purchased my PCV from fuelmoto with their pre-installed map and my bike has never run better in regard to power. We haven't had enough good weather here yet for me to check the gas milage, but I am very happy so far with the map that was installed by Fuelmoto. By the way, I went from everthing stock to a heavy breather and D &D 2 into 1 pipes.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:02 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree Mordrapheus, I'd like to get a dyno-tune. I need to find a reputable one in my area.

ATTN: pearlandhd, I HAVE changed the A/C on my bike, as well as the pipes, but we still have 10 feet of snow up here in Canada, so I probably won't have a chance to ride it until late April or even May. That should give me plenty of time to figure out whether I go with a fuel management system, or a "DEALER DOWNLOAD"..... Does anyone have any opinions on the dealer downloads? Are they good? I have heard that they tend to be a little on the lean side in favour of a complete burn to satisfy the EPA...... JR

Old 03-11-2009, 03:21 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Were waiting for those pipes to be put on. You are a patient man. I'd have been out there all night the first night I had them to put them on.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:09 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by anubisss
Were waiting for those pipes to be put on. You are a patient man. I'd have been out there all night the first night I had them to put them on.

PC Harley has been banned

Old 03-11-2009, 05:30 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Talking too much or what?
Originally Posted by JR Ryder
PC Harley has been banned

Old 03-11-2009, 05:41 PM
nowbmw
Cruiser

I have the Heavy Breather , BSS and PCV from fuel moto with one of jamies maps. Bike runs awsome and incredibly cooler, have been out enought o calculate milage but am very curious and will hopefully run a full tank through it this week end. I would love to have my bike dynoed but no reputable tuners anywhere close.
Everyone has different thoughts but a canned map is just as good as a dealer download in my book, i understand every bike i different but even a general change is better than the ep restricted stock setup in my opinion.

Brent

PS, I cut out my fender like 05 and eerlier bikes and dropped in the deep tray from fuel moto thay sent me free of charge. got plenty of room, didnt need to move anything under the seat but the ecm into the tray and have plenty of room if i add the auto tune module. got picks here somewhere on this forum, will post link if any interest.

Quick Reply: PC-V installed today