Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009 | 10:41 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Old 03-10-2009 | 10:44 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

The Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage II sucks 40% more air than the stage I.
Hope you use blue locktite on the screws going into the heads and torque them to specifications in the sheet that came with it.
The BS stage 2 sticks out farther than the stage I, why because the air filter is thicker.
I'm think the open filter looks great, I'm just scared if we have a monsoon here it will git drowned out in the rain living so close to the coast.

Old 03-10-2009 | 10:48 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer

PC, if you do decide to go back to the football shaped cover (I really like it, but taste is subjective right?)..... have a look at this to prevent rotation. It's pretty slick, and I think it's 10 or 12 bucks.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 03-10-2009 | 10:52 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer

Originally Posted by utz
Are you guys friens or something just wondering?
Feel the love. This was like watching a UFC title fight last week, but I think the air has cleared.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ml#post4632524

Originally Posted by pensacolaharley
Don't ever run across my path or you'll be picking up some of your teeth. I'm done with you and you're back on ignore. And don't worry I will show this the the mods and they can suspend/ban me if they want.

Ah man, I hope I don't have to testify in court.... that could be construed as a threat. Anyhow PC, keep us posted, as I am leaning towards the PC V as well, and I also have the V&H BSS, but I have not chosen a fuel management system yet. Where did you buy yours? How much $?

Last edited by JR Ryder; 03-10-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-10-2009 | 10:54 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member

i found this for my filter if i get caught in the rain.
http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...Prod=HD-0800DK

Old 03-10-2009 | 11:16 PM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by cardboard
The Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage II sucks 40% more air than the stage I.
Hope you use blue locktite on the screws going into the heads and torque them to specifications in the sheet that came with it.
The BS stage 2 sticks out farther than the stage I, why because the air filter is thicker.
I'm think the open filter looks great, I'm just scared if we have a monsoon here it will git drowned out in the rain living so close to the coast.

Bought some blueloctite and a craftsman torque wrench today. And about the monsoon that's a concern of mine too. I'm wondering if they make a fabric/mesh type cover for it?

Old 03-10-2009 | 11:26 PM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by JR Ryder
Feel the love. This was like watching a UFC title fight last week, but I think the air has cleared.

Ah man, I hope I don't have to testify in court.... that could be construed as a threat. Anyhow PC, keep us posted, as I am leaning towards the PC V as well, and I also have the V&H BSS, but I have not chosen a fuel management system yet. Where did you buy yours? How much $?

I've asked him many, many, times to ignore me and stop instigating trouble and he won't listen. I thought our troubles were behind us so today I read his bs and he said he was just "curious" I knew he was lying but I played along. Then tonight he showed he was being an *** and I'm fed up with him. HE'S ON IGNORE AGAIN AND I WILL NOT READ HIS BS ANYMORE. And yes it was a threat and I've sent the link to the John TN (Moderator) and if he wants to suspend/ban me that's fine... but hopefully they dicipline blknchrm09deluxe too since he's the one that keeps instigating this nonsense. I'm generally a good guy and have many friends and try my best not to get caught up in this type of crap... but just lost my cool tonight. I mean, I don't know how else to handle this idiot. He just won't go away.

Old 03-10-2009 | 11:28 PM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by JR Ryder

bought it at www.fuelmotousa.com (ask for Jamie) and I think it was right at $300 if I remember correctly?

Old 03-11-2009 | 12:10 AM
JR Ryder
Tourer

Originally Posted by pensacolaharley
And about the monsoon that's a concern of mine too. I'm wondering if they make a fabric/mesh type cover for it?
Dude...... tk353 might have JUST answered that question for you a few posts ago. (post #35)

Last edited by JR Ryder; 03-11-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-11-2009 | 07:38 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
|
Ultimate HDF Member

yeah I'm gonna check in to that... looks like that would do the trick.

Quick Reply: Installed Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage II