Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009 | 10:40 AM
hellfish
Tourer

I'm curious as well. I always read that you use a Stage 1 filter with pipes alone and the Stage 2 is for the engine upgrade. So PCH, what are your plans for the bike that you got a stage 2? I assume everything will run well no matter what filter is put on? I'm not sure I guess.

..but it does look nice! I have that same filter/cover (stage 1 version), it goes on at end of the month! Hell-of-a lot better than the football!

Last edited by hellfish; 03-10-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-10-2009 | 11:05 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
|
Ultimate HDF Member

not sure? may consider a 96 or 103 build but haven't decided anything yet.

Old 03-10-2009 | 11:17 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
stage 2 is good for cam and head changeover while stage 1 is good for pipes he must be messing with the motor to get a stage 2. stage 2 has 20% to 30% more airflow. When changing over just pipes stage 1 is recomended
I was aware of that so obviously I have plans... just not sure what those plans are just yet. lol And let's say I decide later that I don't want to do anything else, as long as the air intake/fuel mix is calibrated I would think it wouldn't really matter if it's stage I or II. Tell ya what, you'll be the 1st person I PM if I tear something up... then you can gloat.

Old 03-10-2009 | 11:20 AM
hellfish
Tourer

Yo PCH, we were just asking questions here about your plans. I thought we were going to all be friends here and play nice?

Old 03-10-2009 | 11:24 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
|
Ultimate HDF Member

I'm fine dude... no problems here.

Old 03-10-2009 | 11:25 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by pensacolaharley
I was aware of that so obviously I have plans... just not sure what those plans are just yet. lol And let's say I decide later that I don't want to do anything else, as long as the air intake/fuel mix is calibrated I would think it wouldn't really matter if it's stage I or II. Tell ya what, you'll be the 1st person I PM if I tear something up... then you can gloat.
I'm even poking fun at myself here so why is that bad? lol

and if you're talking about the last sentence then come on... you and I both know he's not just "curious",
but if you are blknchrmie then I would think you'd enjoy the opportunity to gloat if I screw up?

so either way I don't see my reply as a bad thing? but if I offended you or blknchrmie then I apologize.

Last edited by P'colaHarley-17RGS; 03-10-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-10-2009 | 11:31 AM
hellfish
Tourer

Glad you took that finished pic of your engine, makes me jazzed about mine! I'm glad I went with the smooth chrome and not the one with the beveled scallops in it.

Looks good!

Old 03-10-2009 | 11:34 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
|
Ultimate HDF Member

you know, now that you mention it, I wasn't aware the Stage II was that freakin huge? Here's what I was hoping... I was hoping that I'd be able to find someone that could cut and smooth the edges of the circle of my football shaped stock cover and use it... but the stage II is too big. The cover that comes with the stage II looks good though so I'm not unhappy about not being able to carry out my original plan.

Old 03-10-2009 | 06:37 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Default good luck pensi

Originally Posted by pensacolaharley
you know, now that you mention it, I wasn't aware the Stage II was that freakin huge? Here's what I was hoping... I was hoping that I'd be able to find someone that could cut and smooth the edges of the circle of my football shaped stock cover and use it... but the stage II is too big. .
Well that not good pensi that you bought the INCORRECT size. Maybe you can list it on this site or ebay to recoupe your money. Then you can buy the correct application for what you are using it for. I always hate to hear your losing money on INCORRECT parts oh well better luck with that exhaust.

Old 03-10-2009 | 07:15 PM
utz
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Well that not good pensi that you bought the INCORRECT size. Maybe you can list it on this site or ebay to recoupe your money. Then you can buy the correct application for what you are using it for. I always hate to hear your losing money on INCORRECT parts oh well better luck with that exhaust.
Are you guys friens or something just wondering?

Quick Reply: Installed Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage II