Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my big mistake

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 01:06 PM
kayman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

quess , i will get a windshield and bags and have her try it agin thanks fir all the info

Old 03-09-2009, 01:12 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

im with cheesecake on that "get rid of mike and keep the bike"

Old 03-09-2009, 01:15 PM
jknowlton
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what is a "MIKE" ?

is that HER name or something or a code, pardon the dumb question just unfamiliar if that is your significant other or something.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:26 PM
hellfish
Tourer

Hmm, either we arent getting all the info here or people are just buying things on a whim and the significant other is having opinions on things that they havent reserached or they really dunno what they are talking about in the first place.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:29 PM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jknowlton
what is a "MIKE" ?

is that HER name or something or a code, pardon the dumb question just unfamiliar if that is your significant other or something.
I was thinking he made an extreme typo and meant " I bought my "wife" a new 09 fatboy" instead of my mike?

Old 03-09-2009, 01:43 PM
kayman
Cruiser

sorry, on the typo i meant (wife) i should read what i type before posting.the bike was a surprise she didnt see it before i bought it. she dosent like the fat tire, but i did. she says it handles funny, she had a sporty before this bike

Old 03-09-2009, 01:44 PM
hellfish
Tourer

Oh, so is she going to be driving the bike around? Is she paying for it too?

and doesnt handle 'funny' ...but it does handle MUCH different from a sport bike ..maybe its the few extra hundreds of pounds.

...maybe you should go with a Honda.

Last edited by hellfish; 03-09-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:50 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kayman
quess , i will get a windshield and bags and have her try it agin thanks fir all the info
Now you can put all that money you just saved yourself into the Fatboy. And even pat yourself on the back for being so wise and frugal.

I see in the new catalog, harley now has a lockable rigid leather saddlebag for softails. (#53061-008). The ladies like their saddlebags so put some thought and research into the best kind.

I strongly recommend against the Heritage bags. They're difficult to get into and you'll eventually need to buy a stiffener kit.

My wife has the Deluxe bags on hers. They open from inside to out which makes the bag much more accessible and they also lock. Not for a Fatboy though.

There are several good aftermarket bag makers out there, including bossbags.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:53 PM
kkinderen
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kayman
sorry, on the typo i meant (wife) i should read what i type before posting.the bike was a surprise she didnt see it before i bought it. she dosent like the fat tire, but i did. she says it handles funny, she had a sporty before this bike
I think that explains a lot of it. You shouted "SURPRISE!" but turns out you were the one surprised. As I said before... DANG. If she came back and said she wanted an Electra Glide then I think you'd have a real problem. As it is, sounds like it is a style difference and that what it's all about - making the bike your (or her) own. I've been running with a narrow tire on my Fat Boy rear for the past few thousand miles and have to say, it feels pretty good.

Search out some of the pictures that people here have done with their Fat Boys. Some outstanding work and they've changed the personality of the bike a lot. Some I wouldn't recognize as a Fat Boy if I weren't told. You got the right bike... now the work begins.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:57 PM
hellfish
Tourer

^^^ Exactly! Make that fatboy your's. You'll hever find a bike that is 100% the exact way you want it stock. ...but after a year or so tinkering and adding, modding parts ...it will be just what you both want.

Quick Reply: my big mistake