Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Boy vs. Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009 | 03:23 PM
rocker00
Tourer

i like the fat bob after i test road one because of the way they handle crappy roads......but the fatboy is no rigid or anything....in my opinion that is completely up to what your looking for in the looks or comfort because either ride will please you

Old 03-09-2009 | 04:19 PM
train913
Tourer

Originally Posted by crazybastid83
As for the dealers that do not allow test rides, what are you going to find out in a 10 mile test ride? Nothing. People do thousands of miles, then find out a bike is not right for them.
no, you definitely want a test ride no matter how short,there are plenty of things you can find out about a bike just taking it around the block,so stick to your guns and TELL them you want a test ride,good luck

Old 03-09-2009 | 05:31 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal
Yep, that is lame. And I might keep looking at other dealers if I were you.

I like the Fatboy, have liked it since it's inception and knew (hoped?) that some day I would own one. I don't like the dual lights or the wheels on the Fatbob. Reminds me too much of a metric.

Shakey
Ya, I forgot to mention that in my earlier post...... I didn't like the headlights on the Fat Bob either, but taste is subjective. I don't like tomatoes, but you might. You can't tell someone what to like. I also like the look of the exhaust better on the FatBoy..... a little more symmetrical. The Fat Bob exhaust looks a little too-far staggered...... too unbalanced in my opinion, but again, taste is taste. Obviously the marketing people at HD feels there is an audience / market for both. I wrestled with the same decision you are going through right now, and I'm borderline NEUROTIC, and I know it... haha. Best of luck in your decision, I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you decide...... JR

PS: I also always thought I'd own one someday, ever since I fell in love with them after I saw one in a shop when they were first introduced.

Last edited by JR Ryder; 03-09-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-10-2009 | 07:31 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member

I like the radial tires on the fatboy

Old 03-10-2009 | 01:33 PM
von Wolffe
|
Advanced
Default My mind is made up.

I went to the dealer last nite, sat on both bikes some more. I don't need to ride it first ... It feels great and I know enough about the bike that I'm sure of how it will perform. I'm buying the Fat Bob.

The funny thing is the guys at the dealership were way more into the Fat Bob regardless of the Fat Boy being $1000 more. I feel like I'm getting treated right up there too. You know those guys aren't making squat on a Sporty at full MSRP value; So far I'm getting a $500 off, a store credit and they're shipping in a denim black for me and swapping out forward for mids for me too. What else should i ask for???? I say a throw in of something, but what?

Old 03-10-2009 | 01:42 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer

Originally Posted by von Wolffe
I'm buying the Fat Bob.

What else should i ask for???? I say a throw in of something, but what?
Congratulations......... Perhaps a service manual if you're gonna tinker with it yourself.... Best of luck, and enjoy!...... JR

Old 03-10-2009 | 02:55 PM
von Wolffe
|
Advanced

I asked for a shop manual and got it. hehehe

Old 03-10-2009 | 03:15 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member

ask for the 1k checkup free

Old 03-10-2009 | 03:43 PM
bloomington g
Road Captain

Originally Posted by von Wolffe
I went to the dealer last nite, sat on both bikes some more. I don't need to ride it first ... It feels great and I know enough about the bike that I'm sure of how it will perform. I'm buying the Fat Bob.

The funny thing is the guys at the dealership were way more into the Fat Bob regardless of the Fat Boy being $1000 more. I feel like I'm getting treated right up there too. You know those guys aren't making squat on a Sporty at full MSRP value; So far I'm getting a $500 off, a store credit and they're shipping in a denim black for me and swapping out forward for mids for me too. What else should i ask for???? I say a throw in of something, but what?
Here are some ideas as starters:
Black aftermarket exhaust - detatchable backrest equipment - lightweight jacket - helmet - boots - gloves- glasses - free store shirts (not the one that says i bought my bike here... ) - some of the profit they make selling Sportsters at MSRP - single black bucket headlamp to replace the funky dual set up (sorry).

Have fun!

Old 03-10-2009 | 04:11 PM
pearlandhd
Cruiser

Good deal,

The most important part is that you feel they treated you well and you're comfortable with the deal. Someone will get a better deal and someone will pay more. At the end of the day it's about you feeling good and hitting the road on a new scoot!!

6 months from now you won't remember what you paid but rather how much you enjoy the ride!

Keep us posted on Mod's..........

Quick Reply: Fat Boy vs. Fat Bob