Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aftermarket Heartland kit seat?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 06:40 PM
CANTDR55
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default aftermarket Heartland kit seat?

Anyone know of anyone doing customs for heartland kits or doing custom work on heartlands stocks?

thanx

Rob

Old 03-08-2009, 07:34 PM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Im sending my seat to get redone. I want it dropped an inch or so and putting gel in it. Got quoted $150. I feel like i am sitting on top of the bike not in it. Dont like the buttcrack look either. Its a pain in the ***(punn intended)

Old 03-08-2009, 07:42 PM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member

Had my Heartland seat redone @ Jon's Trim Shop
Had him move me foward 1", add gel, & recover in ostrich black. $300.00

Old 03-08-2009, 08:07 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member

sent my heartland seat to danny gray..still waiting for it to come back

Old 03-08-2009, 09:21 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe give Mean City Cycles a call (a forum sponser). I had them do work on a seat of mine and it looks/feels great.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:44 PM
CANTDR55
Tourer

Originally Posted by saintslax11
Im sending my seat to get redone. I want it dropped an inch or so and putting gel in it. Got quoted $150. I feel like i am sitting on top of the bike not in it. Dont like the buttcrack look either. Its a pain in the ***(punn intended)
Where are you sending it? I sent mine for gel etc to american soft seats. They do a good job. Only thing is they had hard time getting the soft material back on the bottom. Seat seems good though I haven't ridden yet. I was just wondering about later on getting a recover of something more custom.

thanks all for info!

Old 03-08-2009, 09:48 PM
CANTDR55
Tourer

Originally Posted by oleschool54
Had my Heartland seat redone @ Jon's Trim Shop
Had him move me foward 1", add gel, & recover in ostrich black. $300.00

looks great. Do you have a web site address for them?

Old 03-09-2009, 04:23 AM
j33ptj
Road Warrior
Received 115 Likes on 81 Posts

Had heartland sent my seat to Danny Gray and had it customised, different leather, stitching et

Old 03-09-2009, 05:24 AM
hdmurray
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CANTDR55,

Hey man, I just ordered my kit and I delt with Jake over at Heartland, he's the man to talk with if you want one of these kits just to let ya'll know!! But Jake told me that Danny Gray makes that seat for them!!! If you talk with Jake at the time you place your order, he will get your seat done anyway you want. You might have to contact them to work out the design details, but Heartland will take care of the price for your custom seat and roll it into you price for the kit. I don't know if they give you any kind of savings, but they will get it done for you. I am sorry for not having this information any sooner guys but, like I said, I just order the kit myself. I hope that this helps you. Also, Milehigh seats and Danny Gray: SAME COMPANY!!! Talk to Derick Geison over at both companies, super nice guy!! He'll help you out and is really cool too.

Take care guys,
Doug

Old 03-09-2009, 06:00 AM
CANTDR55
Tourer

Originally Posted by hdmurray
CANTDR55,

Hey man, I just ordered my kit and I delt with Jake over at Heartland, he's the man to talk with if you want one of these kits just to let ya'll know!! But Jake told me that Danny Gray makes that seat for them!!! If you talk with Jake at the time you place your order, he will get your seat done anyway you want. You might have to contact them to work out the design details, but Heartland will take care of the price for your custom seat and roll it into you price for the kit. I don't know if they give you any kind of savings, but they will get it done for you. I am sorry for not having this information any sooner guys but, like I said, I just order the kit myself. I hope that this helps you. Also, Milehigh seats and Danny Gray: SAME COMPANY!!! Talk to Derick Geison over at both companies, super nice guy!! He'll help you out and is really cool too.

Take care guys,
Doug
Thanks Doug
I've got the whole kit , Just finished it up. Got the fender back on Friday
This is the link to my whole project.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...to-finish.html
Finished pics to come.
I haven't ridden the bike yet comes out in the next couple of weeks. Once I see how the seat rides I'll get in touch with those guys over at Danny gray for a nicer cover and maybe some different fitting.

Quick Reply: aftermarket Heartland kit seat?