Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ghost brackets

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 11:49 AM
softail04
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

easy brackets for me work well and not much stuff on the bike when removed

Old 03-08-2009, 02:56 PM
BTL
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the bare backs, simple install.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

Went with Easy Brackets also. I am satisfied with them.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:06 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the ghost brackets, only left two chrome little ***** when off but they do kick the hard bags out almost an inch, you do notice. Upside on and off in a flash.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:40 PM
JayDee5150
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got easy brackets...no complaints.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:10 AM
Bilboy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We ordered EZ Brackets for my wife's Deluxe and thought they made them stick out too far plus didn't like the black finish . Cost me $45 to return for shipping and restocking fee. We then ordered the "Barebacks". What a great product! When we first opened them we didn't think there was much there for the money. But after installing (very easy) we were thrilled with the look. They do stick out a little, but they sure look better than anything else we've seen and it sure beats that bolted up mess that Harley came up with.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:12 AM
Bilboy
Advanced

P.S. those litttle stainless posts are rugged. You can pull on the bag all you want and they don't budge.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:04 PM
url8
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bilboy
We ordered EZ Brackets for my wife's Deluxe and thought they made them stick out too far plus didn't like the black finish . Cost me $45 to return for shipping and restocking fee. We then ordered the "Barebacks". What a great product! When we first opened them we didn't think there was much there for the money. But after installing (very easy) we were thrilled with the look. They do stick out a little, but they sure look better than anything else we've seen and it sure beats that bolted up mess that Harley came up with.
A common complaint I have seen with EZ brackets which I have however NOT a problem on my new bags. I searched..Boss, Leather works etc and when you mount the easy brackets..they look good from the side but as soon as you get behind the bike...Awful looking! I bought a set of bags that are incredible in construction AND they are built with a recess feature that makes the brackets almost unseen. I am in no way affiliated with this manufacturer but quality fit and finish is second to none and wanted to give fellow deluxe owners a option.
http://www.hogdeluxe.com/index.htm
You can see the recess in the bag.

Gives you an idea of the amount of recess.

My bags mounted.

Comparison of how far Boss bags stick out from the rear view. Nice looking bag but FUGLY to the max from the rear!!!

Old 03-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Road_Clam
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by HogDeluxe
Easy Brackets are better. I have saddlebags on my Deluxe that use them. Here is the link

http://www.easybrackets.com/products...y_davidson.htm
+1, I modded a set of EZ Brackets to mount my Fatboy rigid bags. Here's some pics:

Old 03-10-2009, 09:12 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the forward type easy brackets make a better mount. Also if you have a detachable backrest then they will stick out further. you cant see my brackets because i used the throw over bags and the flap covers the brackets from the top, the turn lights cover the bracket from the rear and besides i only use mine when doing a long trip. When i get there they come off and into the hotel

Quick Reply: Ghost brackets