Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rocker w or x bones?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009 | 12:50 PM
Savagehenry
Tourer

I've noticed that both the Rocker and the Cross Bones seem to generate strong feelings & opinions in people. Both seem to create a -love it or hate it- reaction. Its a little like listening to dems and republicans...

Get the one that best matches your riding style and/or personality.

Old 03-06-2009 | 01:07 PM
cammy5477
Road Captain
Default either or

i own a xbones and my mate is buying a rocker. its just personnal choice my friends

Old 03-06-2009 | 01:16 PM
gaffster01
Advanced

Demo each and make your decision based on what feels right for you. I bought a Bones for the old school look and springer front end. Nothing against the Rocker I have seen some sweet ones.

Old 03-06-2009 | 02:11 PM
MartyF
Cruiser
Default Decision Time

As others have said.......It's a personal choice.
Demo both......and based on riding characteristics and your own personal preference for style, you will have your answer. One model will call to you to take her home.

I have a Rocker C which I customized with the Heartland kit. That's what I like, but this is not about me or anyone else.....it's about you.

Trust your own judgment...there is no right or wrong answer here. Diversity is what makes owning a Harley exciting.....it would be boring if we all liked the same thing.

Old 03-06-2009 | 04:09 PM
dc4stroke
Road Captain

XBones......What a canvas.

Old 03-06-2009 | 06:24 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by stixman_576
my buddy has a rocker C. He has so many chicks cream'n their jeans for that bike. And his is completely stock, not even pipes. my bike doesn't even get noticed when Im out with him (sniff, sniff) and I've got a lot of $$ put into mine.
they both have thier pros and cons.
So my vote is, if you're a single guy, go with the rocker. chicks dig the rocker!!!
Or better yet just buy em both. You can borrow my money tree!!!
where can i start pickin??(you know the $ tree?)

Old 03-06-2009 | 08:34 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Both great bikes. I would go sit on em' both for as long as you can before you look like a freak at the dealership, then see if you cant get a demo ride prior to buying either.

I sat on that Rocker for a long time.....The key word was "On". I must be shaped funky as the tank seemed to low and the overall seating position struck me as kinda odd. Then again a stock X-Bones sits you straight up in the wind like Elvis crusing down the strip singing Viva Las vegas....

The photos of those tricked out rockers posted a few pages ago were pretty hot. For that much hawtness a guy could live with just about any seating position.

The Rocker seems to have penned out when those TV shows were making custom bikes so popular. That rocker looks like a 50K custom for a third of the price. The non-C model looks wierd as heck....Like Exile cycles gone wrong IMO. Why dont they make a dark cusom rocker? That would be sweeter than the indutrial plastic fantastic version. The bones looks old skool cool. Dang they are both pretty much hawt. Go ride them Sum-A-Bee-Yatches.

Old 03-07-2009 | 06:52 AM
aebeid2000
Cruiser

Rocker

Old 03-07-2009 | 11:25 AM
BTL
Tourer

I love my cross bones, but this isn't about me, its about you, get what you want, think about what you are going to do with it, around town 1 up, or 2 up with longer rides with your hunny, think you might want saddle bags to carry stuff once in a while? Just things for you to think about. ( does sound like I'm pushing the cross bones a little LOL)