Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of buying hookers again

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 08:47 PM
jd8181
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's fine since i have an 03 and not o2 ports
once you guys have replaced your stock pipes what did you guys do with them?? just have them sitting in the garage.
and to the guys who have ordered from hooker, how long did it take you to get you pipes??

Old 03-24-2009, 08:55 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It took mine one day to ship and one day to get to me. I only live 2 hours from Bowling Green KY though. I sold my original mufflers on eBay.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:00 PM
EffTwoFiddy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by refuzeandrezizt
It took mine one day to ship and one day to get to me. I only live 2 hours from Bowling Green KY though. I sold my original mufflers on eBay.
Would you mind sharing a link to your auction? I'm wanting to sell my x-pipes after I install my hookers, just curious what used pipes are going for...

Old 03-24-2009, 09:15 PM
rotorhead
Cruiser
Talking

Installed my HOOKER REBEL LONG slash cuts on my 06 Deluxe and man what a beautiful thing! I thought my Rush 2" slip-ons sounded good but these babies are AWESOME! The deep rumble is exactly what I was looking for, what a deal at 176.00 shipped. Installation was a breeze but I had to ditch my stock passenger foot pegs. Nothing but KUDOS for my HOOKERS!

Last edited by rotorhead; 03-24-2009 at 09:16 PM. Reason: forgot my bike
Old 03-24-2009, 09:17 PM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Alright, enough with these H(o)(o)ker threads please.

I keep getting my hopes up that there were free ones out there....

Old 03-24-2009, 09:23 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by EffTwoFiddy
Would you mind sharing a link to your auction? I'm wanting to sell my x-pipes after I install my hookers, just curious what used pipes are going for...
Wish I could help you there, but I sold the original mufflers when I purchased the Cycle Shack slip-ons, which was right after I bought the bike. Sorry man.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:45 PM
evil_monster
Advanced

After reading about the troublemakers in another thread...and knowing exhaust systems are $600 plus easy..I decided $204.13 with shipping for a set was REALLY worth it. I just ordered mine. My only concern now is what happens with a 8 year old heritage when i go to remove the old exhaust head pipes? Will the studs break?

Old 03-24-2009, 10:00 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by evil_monster
After reading about the troublemakers in another thread...and knowing exhaust systems are $600 plus easy..I decided $204.13 with shipping for a set was REALLY worth it. I just ordered mine. My only concern now is what happens with a 8 year old heritage when i go to remove the old exhaust head pipes? Will the studs break?
Lube em' up, take it easy, last resort, you can hit em' with some heat. They should come loose, they really aren't put on that tight to begin with. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:12 PM
EffTwoFiddy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by refuzeandrezizt
Wish I could help you there, but I sold the original mufflers when I purchased the Cycle Shack slip-ons, which was right after I bought the bike. Sorry man.
Ah, I mis-read/mis-understood your previous post... You sold your original (stock) pipes on ebay. People actually buy those? Who knew... Thanks anyway...

Old 03-24-2009, 10:25 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by EffTwoFiddy
Ah, I mis-read/mis-understood your previous post... You sold your original (stock) pipes on ebay. People actually buy those? Who knew... Thanks anyway...
No problem, I am actually having a harder time selling the slip-ons than I did selling the original. I think in the long run, I will have gotten more out of the stock ones than these damn slip-ons

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying hookers again