Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage+Passenger Floor Boards=???Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Heritage+Passenger Floor Boards=???Pipes

Well, I had no idea that I would run into all of the trouble I am having trying to find a set of pipes that will fit my Heritage with the passenger floor boards installed. I really do not want true duals or my stock exhaust, so any know what will fit with the PFB installed???

Thanks guys! And I will have some new pics comung soon!

Old 03-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

My 99 Heritage went through four sets of pipes before I settled on Duals from Harley. Used slip-ons, fishtails from Samsom, Big Pipes from another company that slips the mind and then crossover duals from Harley. Had passenger floor boards on with all of them and no problem. With the 07 I used Vance and Hines Big Shot Longs with passenger boards with no problem. Most aftermarket pipes will work with the harley passenger boards on the Heritage.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:20 PM
bloomington g
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Long Shots.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:24 PM
ozarksoutlaw
Advanced

V7H 2in1 on my Deluxe work with the passenger footboards. Pipes are on the sig pic but the footboards are not, I just put them on today.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:36 PM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

V&h bss

Old 03-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Bowtieman31
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had a problem with either one of my Heritages. Used a V&H Pro-Pipe on both.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Mordrapheus
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think you should have any problems with the floor boards...at least not the harley ones, not sure about it if you have aftermarket floorboards, but there are relocation kits out there that solve the problem.

what pipes are you thinking of and which passenger floorboards do you have?

Old 03-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mordrapheus
I don't think you should have any problems with the floor boards...at least not the harley ones, not sure about it if you have aftermarket floorboards, but there are relocation kits out there that solve the problem.

what pipes are you thinking of and which passenger floorboards do you have?
I do have HD boards, and am wanting to get Fatcats. Would love to see a bike with the fatcats and passenger boards all installed.

I did try a set of V&H Big Shots Long, and could not get the floor board bracket back on the bike??? Maybe it is just me...lol

Old 03-03-2009, 06:45 PM
bikinilover
2nd Gear

08 FLSTC here with VH Big Radius. Just put on the HD passenger boards and they fit just fine. i think the downward turn of the BR's made clearence easy. There was about 3/4" from the bottom of the mount bracket to the top of the chrome pipe shield.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:59 PM
08deluxe
Novice

I just put V&H double barrel longs on my deluxe and had an issue trying to put HD passenger floor boards also. The proper floor board kit that Harley recommends for stock exhaust doesn't work but I remedied it by getting a different kit. I had to order in the all chrome kit that is for another model, I think the 2000 and later FLSTS. Anyway they bolt directly to the frame on both sides vs the stock bracket on the exhaust side. Catastrophy avoided. Your problem with the passenger floorboards should be able to be remedied, you just need to have patience and don't rely on the dealers or the pipe manufacturors to be of great help when mixing aftermarket to stock parts.

Quick Reply: Heritage+Passenger Floor Boards=???Pipes