Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker side mount done!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:46 PM
dphillips1220
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here it is

Attached Thumbnails Rocker side mount done!!!!-heartland.jpg  
Old 03-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Alain
the guy at my local shop here did an awesome job on mine (sorry about the crummy pics). if you want i can give you the number to the shop and you can call and talk to them yourself.

All i had to do was text him a picture on his phone of what i wanted my fender to look like and he did the rest. The guy is really talented.
Alain,

R u going to move the mounting tabs on the fender to give it a snug fit on the tire? Ive been debating cutting my stock fender but without closing the gap with the tire i dont know if it would look nice... Im not sure if its possible due to the radius of the fender...Your bike is looking killer man

Old 03-02-2009, 08:09 PM
phantom rider
Tourer

Alain, has he finished your paint yet? I'd like to see that thing painted up. I am thinking I'd do something similar to yours.

dphillips, that heartland mount looks really clean, however it looks like it might possibly drag (doubt it though). Not sure what's going on in front of the swing arm...looks like they have the thing in pieces.

Also, I am in the process of building some custom hard saddlebags that I can bolt to the old seat-frame holes for those trips outside the city limits. Just trying some things out. Not sure if that plate mount would work with my crazy a$$ design.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:34 PM
jason628
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings,

I had the holes welded up and the paint blended with another coat of clear put over the whole fender. That's the best way to go. You know you're never going to want to put the factory license plate light/holder back on the rear fender.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:40 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe What
Alain,

R u going to move the mounting tabs on the fender to give it a snug fit on the tire? Ive been debating cutting my stock fender but without closing the gap with the tire i dont know if it would look nice... Im not sure if its possible due to the radius of the fender...Your bike is looking killer man
hey joe, to be honest with you i didn't even think of moving the mounting tabs to give it a snug fit. i see what you mean about the fender being off the tire. I"m planning on going with a 250 rear tire when this one wears out so that should take care of some of that space between the tire and the fender. Take it from me though, the space is not that noticeable when the bike is on the ground (i took the pics while the bike was on the lift).
Thanks for the compliment man.

Originally Posted by phantom rider
Alain, has he finished your paint yet? I'd like to see that thing painted up. I am thinking I'd do something similar to yours.

he doesn't do the paint there. i'm sending it somewhere else for paint. i'm going with the stock blue minus the flames so it's an easy job. i think it'll look awesome once it's painted and back on the bike.

what he would do is chop it for you and then you can always send it out to someone else for the paint.

PM me is you want and i'll give you their number at the shop and the guys name.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:01 AM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dphillips1220
here it is
i like it how much?

Old 03-03-2009, 12:34 AM
dphillips1220
Cruiser

I think its around $200. I emailed them today and I will let you know for sure as soon as they get back with me. It was after hours when I contacted them, so hopefully I will hear from the first thing in the morning.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:05 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dphillips1220
I think its around $200. I emailed them today and I will let you know for sure as soon as they get back with me. It was after hours when I contacted them, so hopefully I will hear from the first thing in the morning.
You're bike is real clean man, you get a plate like heartlands and it will clean it up real nice back there.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:50 AM
goxley
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

dphillips1220 - like your side mount license bracket. Can you providing the Heartland P.N.?

Old 03-05-2009, 02:18 PM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I just had to shave my plate down alot. No numbers got shaved off but when you think you shaved enough off.... you haven't. Luckily if shaved off like a hot knife to butter. Heartlands plate is quality. So is the wrinkle black powder coat on it. My blinkers(small) are sweet. I might not go with the mount the gave me. I might just mount them right up to the fender. They look better tucked up under there.