Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best price on big shots staggered

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 01:17 PM
utz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Best price on big shots staggered

I am interested in purchasing the bss for my 09 deluxe I found them for 475 at american classic motors what are these pipes going for is that a good price or can I get them cheaper let me know where to look if so thanks in advance.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:19 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The best deal I could get for V&H Double Barrels on my Deluxe was at Eastern Performance. I paid $400 and some change for them and free shipping....

Old 02-28-2009, 01:40 PM
hellfish
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WarriorHD
The best deal I could get for V&H Double Barrels on my Deluxe was at Eastern Performance. I paid $400 and some change for them and free shipping....
Yup, I've been looking around quite a while and this is the best I can find as well. I'll be ordering from them in 2 weeks.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:47 PM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by hellfish
Yup, I've been looking around quite a while and this is the best I can find as well. I'll be ordering from them in 2 weeks.
You talking about EasternPerformance? cause I agree that's the best price I've found so far too.

hellfish you gonna do the install yourself or take it to a shop? I'm just asking. Trying to figure out if I want to try and tackle this myself or not?

thanks.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Weevil
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pensacolaharley
hellfish you gonna do the install yourself or take it to a shop? I'm just asking. Trying to figure out if I want to try and tackle this myself or not?

thanks.
PC Harley, check out the mounting instructions that come with them and then you can decide whether to tackle yourself, or just have a shop do it. Keep in mind the cost of tools, wrenches you will have to purchase to do the install. Of course, if you plan on wrenching on the bike yourself, you'll eventually have to have them anyway.

http://www.vanceandhines.com/download/D380IN.pdf

Old 02-28-2009, 02:50 PM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member

thanks appreciate the help.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:24 PM
hellfish
Tourer

Look into it and see if it's something you can do youself, PCHarley. It all depends on the type of fuel management you are going with. If I was getting the Vance Fuel Pack and Big Sucker, I would do it myself ..

...but I'm getting dynotuned as well with a SERT so I'm going to the dealership.

Last edited by hellfish; 02-28-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:05 PM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by hellfish
Look into it and see if it's something you can do youself, PCHarley. It all depends on the type of fuel management you are going with. If I was getting the Vance Fuel Pack and Big Sucker, I would do it myself ..

...but I'm getting dynotuned as well with a SERT so I'm going to the dealership.
I think I'm going with the PC-V. Why did you decide on the V&H Fuel Pak if you don't mind me asking? I'm curious.

I looked at the .PDF file DD&Weevil provided and I think I have most of the tools I need. One I didn't see mentioned but salesman described to me the other day was a type of plier needed to get the pipes off. I'll look again to make sure I didn't overlook it but I think I have everything else. I'm going to buy a jack Monday, probably this one at Autozone for $99.00 unless someone else reccommends a better one that doesn't cost too much more.

Thanks for your help helllfish, DD&Weevil, and everyone else.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:09 PM
danike
Advanced

Got mine from ACM last year, a little slow on getting them shipped out but got them. Had them ceramic coated before I installed them, does cut down on some of the heat thrown of the exhuast.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:44 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I sold my V&H BSS for 300.00 Like the sound, but they made my ears ring.
Hard to try before you buy so to speak, but I would not have bought them if I had been able to ride test a bike with a set of them; my 2 cents worth.

Quick Reply: Best price on big shots staggered