Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick detach windshield and turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 06:59 PM
FXSTC_Bill
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick detach windshield and turn signals

Just mounted up a quick detachable windshield to my Softail Custom. The installation kit came with a turn signal relocation kit that I didn't use. I really don't see the need to relocate my turn signals, but I was wondering if it really is necessary for some reason and I'm missing it. Also, if it's not needed, can I take it back to the dealer for store credit or something? I looked the part number up and it's a 45 dollar item? Any input would be appreciated.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:43 PM
nowbmw
Cruiser

I wanted my signals on the forks, but if you dont you probably dont have to move them, dealer wont return them if they came in the kit, but probably some one on here would be interested.

Brent

PS Lets see some pics of your windsheid mount, mine wouldnt with out moving the signals.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:47 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I would take them back and ask if I could exchange them. As long as I have a receipt they always let me exchange stuff at my stealer.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:43 PM
FXSTC_Bill
Advanced

Here's a pic from my cellphone. It's the windshield that doesn't leave any hardware on the bike when you remove it. 4 clamps hold it on the fork tubes.

And here's the complete turn signal relocation kit (un-opened) that came inside the windshield box.

Last edited by FXSTC_Bill; 02-26-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:44 PM
stef
Cruiser

I had the same windshield installed on my '07 when I bought it. The dealer relocated
the signals with the supplied kit. My understanding is that it keeps the signals from
reflecting off the windshield at night. -stef

Old 02-27-2009, 07:25 AM
FXSTC_Bill
Advanced

Oh... I didn't think of that one. I'll check it out tonight and see how bad it is. I do really want to leave the signals on the bars as every other bike I've owned has had them mounted on the forks. I like it being different.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:04 AM
jknowlton
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

didnt need any relocation kit for the detachable one, just moved the turn signals lower myself..took 5 min.

2007 FXSTB

Old 02-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Swamp-Rat
Tourer

Originally Posted by FXSTC_Bill
Here's a pic from my cellphone. It's the windshield that doesn't leave any hardware on the bike when you remove it. 4 clamps hold it on the fork tubes.

And here's the complete turn signal relocation kit (un-opened) that came inside the windshield box.

I'm thinking of lowering the signals on my 2000 FXST.Can you tell what find of brackets they are? Are they the ones with the stems which bolt to the fork bracket or the ones that attach to the forks (without stems)?

Old 02-27-2009, 12:35 PM
08softailC
Advanced

be happy you got em. i was shorted mine.and had to buy the freeking things when i wanted to move em.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:24 PM
doghair
Road Warrior

Looks like they might reflect back off the windshield at you at night. Hard to tell.

Quick Reply: Quick detach windshield and turn signals