Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED lights on License Plate

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 06:53 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default LED lights on License Plate

I ordered the Haulin *** laydown plate for my wife's Deluxe and thought it would be a good time to add some extra lighting to the rear.

I've been looking at the LED license plate frames but I'm concerned about the longevity of the bulbs. Anyone have any experience with these. Are the leds replaceable if they blow out or are they sealed units.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:27 AM
doghair
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
I ordered the Haulin *** laydown plate for my wife's Deluxe and thought it would be a good time to add some extra lighting to the rear.

I've been looking at the LED license plate frames but I'm concerned about the longevity of the bulbs. Anyone have any experience with these. Are the leds replaceable if they blow out or are they sealed units.
I have a generic 6 LED frame. I really like the look vs. the standard white bulb. I have been hammering mine for about 4 months, no issues. If the diodes burn out you will be hard pressed to replace them since (at least on mine) they are surface mount not bulb type. I figure if they burn out it would cost less to replace the frame that to buy the Rolaids needed to solder new surface mount LEDs.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:53 AM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by doghair
I have a generic 6 LED frame. I really like the look vs. the standard white bulb. I have been hammering mine for about 4 months, no issues. If the diodes burn out you will be hard pressed to replace them since (at least on mine) they are surface mount not bulb type. I figure if they burn out it would cost less to replace the frame that to buy the Rolaids needed to solder new surface mount LEDs.
You have any photos of your liscense plate?

Old 02-25-2009, 09:04 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the side plate from LMC cycles the entire plate set up only cost me $50 bucks and you can buy the chrome led lighted cover for like $20 here is apic of it on my bike

and here is a link to there website they also sell them on ebay
http://www.lmcycles.com/shop/catalog...Dc&shop_param=

Old 02-25-2009, 09:38 AM
squirrelu
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have L.E.D lights on my ride for 7yrs now with no problems at all I have a LED side plate, LED brake,run,stop, and LED party lights

Attached Thumbnails LED lights on License Plate-tmpphpdzhxsd.jpg  
Old 02-25-2009, 11:17 AM
doghair
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by pensacolaharley
You have any photos of your liscense plate?

Lame pic but it should give you an idea:

Old 02-25-2009, 06:00 PM
url8
Road Master

Originally Posted by jimmers1817

Jimmers I bought mine from SoftBrake who I also got the relocation bracket for the bike as well. Have had mine for over a year with no problems and as someone else posted..if the LED's were to go out it would be a new frame for me as well.
Good luck,
https://www.softbrake.com/shop/produ...dgroup=License