Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New V&H Big Shots Staggered

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 10:54 PM
msankey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New V&H Big Shots Staggered

Just rode home with my new BSS installed with a Cobra Fi2000 Fuel Management system. Here is a pic. What do you all think:

New V&H Big Shots Staggered-pipes.jpg

I picked up the pipes from Cowboy Austin HD for 75% off MSRP. They said there was a scratch on them. I couldn't find it. I wanted to do the Fuelpak but the Cobra was in stock and did not want to wait. I will say that they are loud but sound great. I enjoyed them the entire trip home.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:33 PM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

cool... like to hear again in a day or so what you think

and I'm glad you answered the question why cobra so I didn't have to ask

congrats... I should order my V&H BSS in the next two or three weeks.

did they dyno yours? local dealership is telling me that I need to have that done?

Old 02-24-2009, 11:50 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet ride...... See any similarities with my bike? Haha... I just installed the BSS last Saturday with the quiet baffle kit. Haven't ridden it yet, as there is lots of snow still here. I have read that the quiet baffles MAY actually add a little low-end horsepower, and give a nice low-end rumble. Did you get the high-flow air cleaner too?

Old 02-25-2009, 05:21 AM
WAhog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So many of these, wish there was a more distinctive pipe that performed as well. Kinda ruins the whole custom/peronalisation thing when everyone who ride a fatboy seems to have the same pipes! Love the sound of mine though!

Old 02-25-2009, 08:57 AM
msankey
Cruiser

Pensacola, I didn't have it dynoed. Just put on the Cobra and programmed it. I have been told that dealers will push dynoing to get another $300 dollars out of the install.

JR Ryder, they say great minds think alike, haha. I want the quiet baffles to lower the butthole factor for the neighbors. I still have about 100 dollars left on a gift card from Cowboy HD so I will have them sent to me. I didn't get the air cleaner yet either. I plan to study the cobra so that I will be able to put those items on myself without having to go back to the dealership.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:29 AM
JR Ryder
Tourer

Originally Posted by WAhog
So many of these, wish there was a more distinctive pipe that performed as well. Kinda ruins the whole custom/peronalisation thing when everyone who ride a fatboy seems to have the same pipes! Love the sound of mine though!

Ya, I have sent V & H several emails regarding the BR 2-2. I don't know why they don't incorporate the power chamber technology into those pipes. I makes sense to try it. I wrestled with three sets of pipes for months before I went with the BSS.

-The BR 2-2 looked the best to me, but worst for performance

-The BR2-1 looked 2'nd best to me, and had best performance, but I think V & H could have done a better job to avoid the passenger peg relocation issue. I know it's easy, and stable, but it doesn't sit well with me. It could "pivot".... and it rests firmly against the frame. Also, I wasn't keen on the "asymmetry" it created..... ya ya, I know you can get one for the left side too. Too complicated for something that should be simple.

-The BSS were second best for performance, 3'rd for looks, but best overall for my application when I took everything into consideration.

Last edited by JR Ryder; 02-25-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:33 AM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice pipes!

Old 02-25-2009, 09:33 AM
JR Ryder
Tourer

Originally Posted by WAhog
Sweet looking ride. Is that a "rack" of some sort on the rear fender? I'm always looking for new ideas for my bike. Is that a LePera seat? I'm waiting for mine... It's been on order for a couple of weeks now. They had to customize it to accommodate my new HD tank-panel. I ordered the 2-up Silhouette, all leather, with some funky stitching. Should have it in a couple of weeks..... can't wait. Will post pics. Then I just have to choose a fuel management system.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:06 AM
lclement
Cruiser

I have the same pipes, yeah lots of people have them but lots of people also ride the same brand of bike… I think that says something to the quality of the product.

I love mine! They are loud but not to loud… I left the original baffles in since they seem to work just fine.

I don’t want to be annoyingly loud just want people to be able to hear me coming down the road.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:21 AM
2002fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks sharp! I agree there a many around but they are the same pipes I plan to go with soon.

Quick Reply: New V&H Big Shots Staggered