Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New V&H Big Shots Staggered

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Ballsout
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Im still tossed up between these and the Cobra Speedster Slashdowns. The two are pretty much identical, but Cobra has a lifetime gaurantee against blueing, defects, exc, and from what ive been told, has a "more brilliant" chrome.

On the other hand, there just HAS to be a reason why so many choose V&H BSS!

Great looking pipes anyway. The design goes well with the lines of the Fatboy, IMHO.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:58 AM
OldSkoolBones
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning on getting them on in the next couple weeks. I love the stock sound, but my 6:00am start is pissing off the neighbours.. I'll let you know how they sound when I'm done.

Originally Posted by msankey
Are you going to put them on? If so will you let me know how it goes. I am planning on getting some and putting them on.

Old 02-26-2009, 12:48 PM
jknowlton
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looking great man..i like the look of the new pipes.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:38 PM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by msankey
Are you going to put them on? If so will you let me know how it goes. I am planning on getting some and putting them on.
So right now you don't have any baffles in yours?

If that's the case, are they too loud for you without baffles?

I hear a lot of good things about the sound of the pipes with the 'quiet' baffles but I'm thinking of going with the 'standard' baffles?

Anyone have the standard baffles and willing to share their opinion, it would be appreciated.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:26 PM
WAhog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JR Ryder
Sweet looking ride. Is that a "rack" of some sort on the rear fender? I'm always looking for new ideas for my bike. Is that a LePera seat? I'm waiting for mine... It's been on order for a couple of weeks now. They had to customize it to accommodate my new HD tank-panel. I ordered the 2-up Silhouette, all leather, with some funky stitching. Should have it in a couple of weeks..... can't wait. Will post pics. Then I just have to choose a fuel management system.
I think you saw the post about the rack elsewhere - its a Official HD part. Very easy to get and off and I think they do Chrome. I'm about to get my paintjob re-done after some stupid knocked over the bike. Going black all over this time so black is back.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:33 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice pipes. They seem to be the "camaro" of the Softail exhaust world like Short Shots are on Sporsters

Old 02-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Smokin 03
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the supertrapp 2-1 meg's

Old 02-27-2009, 08:54 PM
Called2Duty
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Chazmanian;4612770]I'm loving my new BSS with my recent motor work. I had a set of standard big shots and my bike was literally choking in its own filth and made a whopping 53HP and 89TQ after having my motor done.

Switched em' out to a set of Big Shots staggered and the bike could breathe and run as intended.

Chazamanian- I do like the V&H staggards but those #'s of your were way low bro, I got decent numbers with my Big shot longs 79 hp and 95 tq. i had a 204 cam 4 degree advance with race tuner and a great guy do my dyno so go figure but, there are a lot of guys here just north of Indy running those staggards but i went with the longs just for something different

Attached Thumbnails New V&H Big Shots Staggered-dsc00181.jpg  
Old 02-27-2009, 09:23 PM
08fattoy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I couldn't have done a better job myself. Good choice.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:01 AM
azfathog17
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like mine and the quality of V/H is impressive. They were meant for the Fat Boy.

Quick Reply: New V&H Big Shots Staggered