Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlemen Explorer impression

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 10:20 PM
justin_amber
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saddlemen Explorer impression

Hey all. Wanted to drop a quick line about the Saddlemen Explorer seat I received and installed today, because a few people on this board have asked about it and there's not been many opinions.

Anyways, I didnt get much riding time today, maybe about an hour and a half. For comparison purposes i am 6 foot tall, 230 lbs, and have a 32 in inseam.

I installed the Saddlemen Explorer seat on my 08 night train and i must say I like it. I was looking for something that didnt push me too far forward or up. I must say, it feels like I am sitting up just a smidgen higher and maybe half an inch closer. I took the bike out two separate times and the first time it was somewhat noticeable, but the second time i really coundnt tell much difference between the explorer and stock regarding riding position. Needless to say, i am happy with the riding position this seat provides.

The seat has "SaddleGel" in it, which is supposed to conform to your ***. I have read that the seat feels firm and i must say that this is true, but not in a bad way. it is a very confortable seat and anticipate even more comfort as it breaks in. The passenger seat is wide for the wife as well. She didnt ride with me but she did sit on in for a minute and said it was very comfortable.

The seat also actually looks pretty bad *** on the bike too. it is somewhat wide in the passenger part but not terrible, any wider and i think it would look pretty ugly. partially the reason i stayed away from the mustang seats.

anyways, sorry to write so much, i just know it can be frustrating to search the forums for a seat and find nothing. i fully anticipate much comfort from this seat for years to come. if anything changes, Ill be sure to let yall know.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:02 PM
Bryanp
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good info. I'm actually considering the same seat for the NT when i pick it up in a few weeks. Figured i'd have it for those days the lady wants to ride.