Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your thoughts on this helmet

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 06:39 PM
lclement
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blk and Chrome
+1 on if you are in the market for a 3/4, looks nice, I don't use a helmet too often. I do have a full face I use when going long distance on the interstate, those rocks really hurt at 70
I like full face on the interstates as well but I have trouble seeing the speedometer on my fatboy since its way down low. Plus the wind buffeting is really tough on me but you cant beat the protection it offers!

Old 02-24-2009, 08:34 PM
shootfirst83
Intermediate

Originally Posted by chordstrummer
I looked at a lot of helmets recently, looking for an open face. Did not come across the one you posted, but some that were similar. The problem for me was the overall size. They were all pretty big overall. Found that to be a problem across the board -- even a lot of the half-helmets.

I'd get one of these if I were rich: http://www.glorysales.com/helmets-ru...-35_38_43.html

But since I'm not, I settled on one of these, silver: http://www.fulmerhelmets.com/Product/afv2.html
Dude! Those Ruby Helmets are pure sex! I want one...

Old 02-24-2009, 08:46 PM
08fattoy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 2 HJC helmets. I've been reviewing helmets. Discovered Shoei and Arai are the only helmets (that I could find) where the shell is a different size based on the size of the helmet. In other words, HJC shells are all the same size. The guy at IRON PONY confirmed that. That's one of the reasons for the increased price. I recommend going to a bike dealer and trying a bunch on. Some helmets are MADE for round heads and others are MADE for oblong heads. Not all of us can "shell" out $300 bucks for a helmet. But if it ain't comfortable you won't wear it. Good luck.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:20 PM
lclement
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 08fattoy
I have 2 HJC helmets. I've been reviewing helmets. Discovered Shoei and Arai are the only helmets (that I could find) where the shell is a different size based on the size of the helmet. In other words, HJC shells are all the same size. The guy at IRON PONY confirmed that. That's one of the reasons for the increased price. I recommend going to a bike dealer and trying a bunch on. Some helmets are MADE for round heads and others are MADE for oblong heads. Not all of us can "shell" out $300 bucks for a helmet. But if it ain't comfortable you won't wear it. Good luck.
Yes that is the biggest reason I like Shoei, and Aria… I had an X-eleven (Shoie) and an Arai Profile, seemed like the X-11 fit better but the Profile had nicer interior, more of a plush and easy against the skin. But the Shoei seemed to have a bit better field of view… both of these helmets were over 600.00 each! (full faced)

Had a Nolan before these two and I had a bad case of space helmet (helmet looked way to big for my body) it was awful…

I wonder if the Shoei ¾’s have different shells also… that would be a deciding factor… the problem I have living in Iowa is no one stocks shoei or aria due to cost… but maybe I will get luck!

Old 02-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bikermike2
not for me. i drive a bike not a jet. lol. look like a helmet from battle star glactica.
+1 that is funny stuff

Old 02-24-2009, 09:51 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tk353
if i had the money it would be this.http://www.gazbikes.co.uk/shop/osbe-...939ccbb1d90b77
Most of the pilots at the AF base use those, i think they are good up to 5 negative g's

Old 02-24-2009, 11:59 PM
fr8mover
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe What
Most of the pilots at the AF base use those, i think they are good up to 5 negative g's
JP cycles sells one real close to that and it is cheap too lol

Old 02-25-2009, 01:23 AM
raaaaaa
Road Master

I have been using these for about 2 years. I like my helmets cause they go with my bike and are not to nice that if the get dropped I won't have to buy another one.

helmets should go with your bike.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:10 AM
lclement
Cruiser

Yeah I do agree, if you can get the helmet to match the bike. I don’t want to spend a but load on a new lid… just want something mid ranged, comfortable, and looks good.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:28 AM
SFTL 1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by shootfirst83
Dude! Those Ruby Helmets are pure sex! I want one...
For those prices, it seems like pure sex with a high-end prostitute.

Quick Reply: Your thoughts on this helmet