Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your thoughts on this helmet

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 11:17 AM
coop57
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by anubisss
Helmets are about protection, and comfort. Protection first, comfort second. It is really hard to know how comfortable it is by just trying it on in the store. Some miles need to be put on with it on your head. that being said, if you want a face shield it looks good. If I were to get a 3/4 or a full face I stick with brands that I have used extensively in the past. Never have owned an HJC and I know nothing about them.

When I used to wear full face 100% of the time I stuck with Shoei and Arai. That being said, if you like it, get it. I now wear a carbon fiber helmet from carbonfiberhelemts.com.
+1 on the carbon fiber 1/2 helmets if you run without a windshield like I do they are great no lift or neck fatigue. I have the head trip and really like it.

I run a fulmer full face in colder weather works well also.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:48 AM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't care for that style...I prefer the Harley branded half helmets, which are made by HJC or KBC

Old 02-24-2009, 01:49 PM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 02-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Wpittman
Cruiser

not a fan of any helmet. but if i jus hafta i have a polo carbon fiber and a harley 105 anv half helmet. Oh by the way i have 2 helmets for sale if ya interested. They are the Shoei RJ-Air helmets without shields 1 is large the other medium. can sent pics to ya phone if interested. These are high dollar but will let the pair go for 200.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by lclement
What do you think about this helmet?

I know this helmet looks different, actually it kinda takes me as a hybrid between a full faced and ¾… don’t like full face cause I like the wind in my face and think the half helmets just don’t offer enough protection.

Just wanted to know what others thought of this style… like the flat black finish.

Pic is attached…

http://www.hjchelmets.com the model is IS-33
Looks good. I have the HJC AC-3 carbon fiber and it is real light.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:35 PM
TooManyToys
Advanced

I have been looking at that helmet too- newenough.com has them for a few bucks off

Old 02-24-2009, 06:22 PM
lclement
Cruiser

Well first of all I would to thank everyone for there input and opinions. I plan to try one of these on at some point and evaluate the fit. You all gave very helpful advice

Yes I love Shoei helmets they are fantastic! Arai is also good but my head seems to fit better into a Shoei… egg head syndrome they are pricey but both brands well built.

I am looking for a helmet that has a low profile to cut down on the wind buffeting… it seems that helmets with visors catch the updraft so much and I have to take the visor off which is why I chose this model.

Plus one that has good ventilation so it is comfortable in warmer weather.

If anyone has any other ideas please let me know. Thanks again

Old 02-24-2009, 06:27 PM
lclement
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tk353
if i had the money it would be this.http://www.gazbikes.co.uk/shop/osbe-...939ccbb1d90b77

Wooo now that is different but I would like to try one on…

Old 02-24-2009, 06:29 PM
lclement
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SFTL 1
You may also want to check out helmets from Z1R. I think Z1R offer some of the best helmet values in the market right now. I just bought this the end of last year to wear when it's colder out or I'm going on a trip where there might be rain in the forcast.

I will have to ad that to the list thank you for the pic!

Old 02-24-2009, 06:33 PM
lclement
Cruiser

Originally Posted by smitbrad
I also like wearing a 3/4 helmet but I don't use a shield. One negitive about the HJC IS-33 is that if you took off the shield I don't think the helmet would look right because the shield mounting mechanism would be exposed.

I have the Shoei RJ-Platinum R in Matte Black. Very comfortable and would recommend it to anyone looking for a good 3/4.

http://www.shoei-helmets.com/Helmet....m%20R&h=11&t=1
I love Shoei bit they are pricy… I will add this one to the list but I think that visor may catch lot of updraft wind and shake my head around. It looks great with the visor on it and if I wasn’t concerned with wind buffeting I would run with this one with no question!

Quick Reply: Your thoughts on this helmet