Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi-lo air suspension question!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009 | 03:52 PM
boosteddelslow
|
Tourer
Default Hi-lo air suspension question!?!?

I am thinking about getting an air suspension for my 2008 night train and the are so many different ones out there I am having trouble deciding. I see a few people have the hi lo air ride but I was just wondering can you change the ride height and the dampening with that system independently or do you just put more or less pressure for you desired ride quality and the height is what it is?? Or can you say lower it to what ever height you want and change the pressure while holding that desired height? It seems like from what I have read the SAS has a seperate dampening valve to change the ride quality. I guess what I am trying to ask is the ride height dependent on the pressure(ride quality) in the system?

Old 02-23-2009 | 09:00 PM
08Fatty
Tourer

Bump, good ???

Old 02-23-2009 | 10:39 PM
dmp
Cruiser

the hi lo kit has no dampening adjustments the more air the higher the bike and the stiffer the ride. Hi lo just has an air strut style spring, no oil shock or dampening chamber such as other brands have.

Old 02-23-2009 | 10:45 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member

I am also considering the Hi-lo...the feedback here on the forum has been good.

Old 02-24-2009 | 11:15 AM
boosteddelslow
|
Tourer

I guess if you want to find tune the suspension you need a system the controls the air on both sides of the shocks piston.

Old 02-24-2009 | 11:58 AM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member

So what are some other brands to consider that might have a strut and dampening adjustments but still loaded by air for easy adjustment? Is there even such a shock out there? Just wondering because I'm looking for an easier way to adjust my Deluxe shocks when riding solo vs two up.

Originally Posted by dmp
the hi lo kit has no dampening adjustments the more air the higher the bike and the stiffer the ride. Hi lo just has an air strut style spring, no oil shock or dampening chamber such as other brands have.

Old 02-24-2009 | 12:38 PM
The Weight
Cruiser

there is a video of a guy in Maryland who just did it to his NT looks really sick when it drops the wheel even tucks under the fender, i believe its on youtube.

Old 02-24-2009 | 03:58 PM
dmp
Cruiser

There are a few that use an oil dampened mono tube shock to help with the ride and then an air spring (not a bag) for the ride height, arnott is one. There is one that uses both air and a traditional spring, has a two chamber air shock one side does height one for stiffness, the progressive airtail. Sas uses only air but has a needle valve for dampening adjustment.

Old 02-24-2009 | 04:51 PM
anubisss
Banned

In my speaking to others about these kind of setups it is my understanding that the progressive is one of the few if the only that provides rebound and damping.

Old 02-24-2009 | 06:04 PM
dmp
Cruiser

Originally Posted by anubisss
In my speaking to others about these kind of setups it is my understanding that the progressive is one of the few if the only that provides rebound and damping.
I believe shotgun shocks has an adjustable air setup also. The arnott kit addresses dampening with a oil shock

Quick Reply: Hi-lo air suspension question!?!?