Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi-lo air suspension question!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009 | 08:26 PM
boosteddelslow
|
Tourer

DMp how do you like your arnott suspension?? I think I may be looking at it because I want to be able to control height and dampening.

Old 02-24-2009 | 08:53 PM
dmp
Cruiser

Originally Posted by boosteddelslow
DMp how do you like your arnott suspension?? I think I may be looking at it because I want to be able to control height and dampening.
i like it but the dampening isn't adjustable think of it as a shock on a car with air ride. It still will dampen the ride where ever you set the height to. but when the roads get real bad nothing like suspension travel that's when you just add the air to get the desired travel. I have no experience with the double chamber styles on bike but that style on cars just make for a really bouncy ride.

Old 02-24-2009 | 08:57 PM
saintslax11
Road Warrior

I will say it again..... Love my Hi Lo.... say no mo!!!!!

Old 02-24-2009 | 09:13 PM
dmp
Cruiser

Originally Posted by saintslax11
I will say it again..... Love my Hi Lo.... say no mo!!!!!
Just curious because we just installed the hi lo kit on my buddys heritage, it looks cool but rides like $h!t, you don't have any po-go issues? when he talked to some others who had it they said the same thing about it. It only seems to ride decent at one pressure and that means it had to be aired up completely. He just ordered an other brand kit and i'm sure he'll be selling the hi lo decently cheep. I'm going over there tonight i'll take some pics.

Old 02-24-2009 | 10:01 PM
anubisss
Banned

It only pogo's if you ride with too much air in it. You gotta find the sweet spot.

Old 02-25-2009 | 01:06 AM
dmp
Cruiser

Originally Posted by anubisss
It only pogo's if you ride with too much air in it. You gotta find the sweet spot.
That's what i mean his hi lo kit only rides good in one spot. you can't leave it low and have a good ride, i can lift mine an inch and it rides good, i guess that's where the oil shocks come in to play.

Old 02-25-2009 | 05:40 AM
boosteddelslow
|
Tourer

Thats what I want...I want to be able to ride with it lowered and have an alright ride. I dont expect it to ride perfect but to me it seems like the hi lo sysytems main purpose is for looks while parked.

Old 02-25-2009 | 07:36 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior

Its all preference.

Old 02-25-2009 | 09:17 AM
anubisss
Banned

Riding with any system lowered all the way will greatly reduce the amount of travel in the shocks, there it will ride like a rigid. The travel is what soaks up the bumps.

Old 02-25-2009 | 09:56 AM
dusty2221
Road Master

Originally Posted by dmp
Just curious because we just installed the hi lo kit on my buddys heritage, it looks cool but rides like $h!t, you don't have any po-go issues? when he talked to some others who had it they said the same thing about it. It only seems to ride decent at one pressure and that means it had to be aired up completely. He just ordered an other brand kit and i'm sure he'll be selling the hi lo decently cheep. I'm going over there tonight i'll take some pics.

I sent you a PM!!!!

Quick Reply: Hi-lo air suspension question!?!?