Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

side mount license plate

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 12:13 PM
jasperpso
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by imboden
I bought the kuryakyn without the brake light. I kept my stock brake light where it is, but I used my dremel tool to cut off the excess plastic under the brake light. make sense?
that makes perfect sense, but again i am running the swingarm bag on the left side, and from the looks the kuryakyn one mounts too far forward to allow the bag.. so if i went with that one, it would have to go on the right side.. is the kuryakyn one mountable on the right side, or is it left side only?

Old 02-22-2009, 12:13 PM
travis dasher
Road Captain

Jasper I have the Kuryakyn swingarm mount and the leahterworks swingarm bag. It fits just fine. The Road 6 Customs is a good mount as well. I have one in case I want to switch later. If you are going with Road 6 on the the axle then you will have to make the hole bigger, and one of the stock washers will not be used the mount will serve that purpose. Get some LED bolts and you are good to go. Road 6 also makes one that has a taillight mount. Here is a pic of my setup

Attached Thumbnails side mount license plate-dsc00862.jpg  
Old 02-22-2009, 12:21 PM
jasperpso
Cruiser

Originally Posted by travis dasher
Jasper I have the Kuryakyn swingarm mount and the leahterworks swingarm bag. It fits just fine. The Road 6 Customs is a good mount as well. I have one in case I want to switch later. If you are going with Road 6 on the the axle then you will have to make the hole bigger, and one of the stock washers will not be used the mount will serve that purpose. Get some LED bolts and you are good to go. Road 6 also makes one that has a taillight mount. Here is a pic of my setup

is that the kuryakyn 3180 like the one i posted the pic of? if it does fit with the bag, i might just go that way..

Old 02-22-2009, 12:26 PM
old skool1983
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

these guys are got some good quality stuff, i have one

http://stores.ebay.com/noschoolchoppers

these guys got some cool stuff too, not to pricey either, make sure if yr just gonna do a plate mount with no break light you still need a license plate light to run at night or you'll get busted

http://www.customdynamics.com/motorcycle_lights.htm

Old 02-22-2009, 12:30 PM
bmr
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the curved axle mount from Road 6, you can't beat it for the price. They are 25% off on ebay right now. Just make sure you order the 1", I got the 3/4" and had to drill it out. Just take off the axle nut and replace the the existing washer with the plate bracket.

I used a dremel tool to trim off the plate bracket from the tail light.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:34 PM
nowbmw
Cruiser

got the road6 curved vertical 1" on my axle nut, looks great, will work with swing arm bag. You cant beat the price from their ebay store. I will put up pics later today. defenitly get some led liscence plate bolts. i bought a cheap crome liscence plate frame as well bent it to fit.

Brent

Old 02-22-2009, 12:35 PM
old skool1983
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

been hearing alot of good stuff about road6 these last couple a months

Old 02-22-2009, 12:44 PM
jasperpso
Cruiser

i am down to the road 6 customs curved mount, or the kuryakyn 3180 swing arm style.. i would love to see pics of the road 6 curved installed.. thanks for all the info guys..

Old 02-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Xuallus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the road6 one on the way, he had to build it custom for Canadian plates. Hopefully it'll arrive sometime soon. I'm not looking forward to removing the stock plate holder, but the die grinder/dremmel route seems the only way to go... I've scoured the net looking for a bobtail tail light mount without the plate holder and they don't seem to exist.

I also ordered the road6 16" apes, they are really great folks to deal with and their prices are fantastic.

Last edited by Xuallus; 02-22-2009 at 01:28 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Whoad00d
Tourer

road 6 curved on my street bob. been on there for over 8k miles, and not ever 1 problem! But if you go this route you will have to get a plastic inspection plate it will bend witht he curved one.

Attached Thumbnails side mount license plate-sn150765.jpg   side mount license plate-sn150766.jpg   side mount license plate-sn150767.jpg  

Quick Reply: side mount license plate