Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black is Beautiful! Brought home my new Fat Boy!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Blues Rocker
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black is Beautiful! Brought home my new Fat Boy!

After looking around for a month or so, I brought home a beautiful Vivid Black FLSTF Fat Boy yesterday evening and am (again) in Harley Heaven!
I was headed for Red Hot Sunglo but when I saw that Vivid Black it just brought out the chrome work so well and looks so classic!

I've put 125 miles on it, gently breaking it in, riding in the windy roads of the wine country we live in. Now for a couple of questions:

1.) What is the very best way to care for (detail) black paint? I bought some S100 for general cleaning of the the bike and Protectall to polish it. Any other ideas? I plan to use micro fiber clothes or old (clean) diapers.

2.) I am not picture-posting literate. Can someone help this old fart figure out how to post a picture of my new bike? I have the picture from my camera on my desktop, but can't seem to get the "Insert Image" thingy up above to work. If you don't mind helping me I'll try to get a pic posted soon.

3.) Pipes? I have been looking at V&H Big Shot Staggered's, 2 into 1 and now am even considering just some V&H or Rush slip ons with aan SE Air Cleaner and a fuel computer as I guess I'm one of the few who actually like the stock exhast tone. I don't want a splitting headache after a ride from "blatty," loud pipes. If you have any suggestions here, please, by all means speak up! (I had a V&H Pro Pipe on my last Heritage and thought I'd try something different).

I had forgotten just how awesome it is ride a Harley through the windy roads and backways. With the new motor it just takes a crack of the throttle to accelerate through the gears and the feeling is heavenly.
I really needed to get back on a Harley and decompress from a stressful job. I just love the tone and power, and fellowship with other riders.

Thanks for putting up with my rambling! It's good to back on a Harley...
very, very good!~

Last edited by Blues Rocker; 02-21-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Brandons_Deluxe
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your new ride... I agree Black is Beautiful. As for keeping it clean, I have just used the polish and soft cloths that harley gave me with the bike. I have had mine almost a year and havent run out yet. As for pipes, you will find a million different answers here. None are wrong, just go with what you like. Nothing like being on a Harley!!!

Old 02-21-2009, 08:31 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I thought black is the only color available on Fatboy, correct me if I am wrong lol
Congrats!

Old 02-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Red9
Road Captain
Thumbs up

Congratulations!
I didn't notice any rambing...I love reading about the excitement of a new ride. I'm looking forward to reading more from you. I too am having a hard time deciding which pipes I want.
By the way, black ain't the only beautiful colour!
Ride safe and smile like hell!

Old 02-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Lowbro
Road Captain

Congrat's on the new sled,fat is where it's at !

Old 02-21-2009, 09:35 PM
conroskie
Road Master

Congrats on your new ride bro, can't go wrong with a Fatty, enjoy!!!!

Oh by the way....

Attached Thumbnails Black is Beautiful!  Brought home my new Fat Boy!-this-thread-is-useless-without-pichers.jpg  

Last edited by conroskie; 02-21-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pics, i want pics

Old 02-21-2009, 10:25 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

I believe you want it to look something like this?

Oops......how did that one get in?

Attached Thumbnails Black is Beautiful!  Brought home my new Fat Boy!-img_0055.jpg   Black is Beautiful!  Brought home my new Fat Boy!-img_0074.jpg   Black is Beautiful!  Brought home my new Fat Boy!-69.jpg  
Old 02-21-2009, 11:00 PM
08fattoy
Cruiser

Good choice!

Old 02-21-2009, 11:58 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the Fatboy. Enjoy! For a good sounding not too loud but a nice deep rumble exhaust, you might want to consider V&H Double Barrells in the Q Series. I've got them on my Deluxe and they sound really good and perform well. You won't get the "blatty" sound you're referring to. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Black is Beautiful! Brought home my new Fat Boy!