Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inverted front end

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 10:51 AM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WWECOUGAR
Inverted front forks are to reduce unsprung weight and improve handling accordingly. There is no advantage on a Harley Softail. Unless you just want something different. Seems like alot for little to me....... My $.02
I want it just because of look, nothing else. I want that fat monster look as this one - fat, wide, smooth and simple. But looks like my price expectation is out of reality......

Attached Thumbnails Inverted front end-front-end.jpg   Inverted front end-fat-bubba.jpg  

Last edited by masar; 03-14-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:13 AM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Masar: What's wrong with the Ultima front ends sold by Jireh?

Btw WWE: Riders report better handling with the inverted front end's but looks seems to be the primary reason most people get them.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:40 AM
masar
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BoomerBob
Masar: What's wrong with the Ultima front ends sold by Jireh?
That front end is for great price for sure. Propably best for the value available, But it seems to me not wide and fat enough. I saw it here on Joe What´s Rocker, its huge improvement over stock for sure but not the effect i am looking for as the 2 pictures above. I dont know....

Plus its not smoot and clean - tubes are thinner than the triple tree and lower tubes are not same diameter. And i need black (i can powder coat it ....).

Ultima has now new 65 mm
http://www.ultimaproducts.com/65mmInverted.html

Last edited by masar; 03-14-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:46 AM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member

I like it. If they made it to work with my 07 wheel/caliper I'd get one. I don't understand their hang up with the older style wheels.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:02 PM
masar
Road Captain

I like it. If they made it to work with my 07 wheel/caliper I'd get one. I don't understand their hang up with the older style wheels.
I also dont understand. This one has at least same tube diameter in all lenght. I would welcome more smooth design in the triple tree.

Check this Big-Un. This is the shape i am looking for, currently cheapest i was able to find - 1075 usd somewhere on net. Only thing is i would have to powder coat it black + can not find details how wide it is.

I am thinking to rework original Rocker front end. Just to fabricate new wider triple tree and cover existing tubes with wider ones. I guess it should not cost more than 500 usd......

Old 03-14-2010, 12:06 PM
masar
Road Captain

forgot picture of big-un

Attached Thumbnails Inverted front end-big-un.jpg  
Old 03-14-2010, 04:01 PM
masar
Road Captain

Ultima Fat Bastard - this looks very interesting. They have complete front or only triple tree with covers. I just can not find any prices. Anyone know prices? Also i am missing all details about diameter, wide size, etc.....

http://www.ultimaproducts.com/fatBforks.htm

Also strange i can not find this front end at Ultima pages when i enter them normally, not via this link. Strange......

Last edited by masar; 03-14-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:15 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by masar
I like this set up too. Again; I don't understand why they are stuck in the last century when we're 10 years into this one.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:28 PM
masar
Road Captain

I like this set up too. Again; I don't understand why they are stuck in the last century when we're 10 years into this one.
This one in my favorite, looking for pricing and details.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:03 PM
mike06train
Road Captain

I like it. But after you swap out the wheel/caliper, your right up there with buying the Harley inverts.

Quick Reply: Inverted front end