Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a Leatherworks Swingarm bag!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 08:23 AM
dusty2221
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Got a Leatherworks Swingarm bag!

As a result of the thread about swingarm bags rubbing the paint raw, a member here RomeoKilo, mentioned he took his off and it was just sitting in the garage. He needed a new air filter so I bought him a new filter and had it shipped right to him and he sent me a like brand new swingarm bag! I am stoked, I have been wanting this bag for a while but never could justify the high cost. Just wanted to share a pic or two. The bike is in my work parking lot in the pic, as soon as it came in I excused myself from the office and went out and put it on!

Old 02-20-2009, 08:38 AM
jasperpso
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome trade! looks great.. i ordered one earlier this week.. with hand braiding and black studs it cost me $230 with shipping.. i am a impulse shopper, prolly the reason i ordered it.. after i did - i was like - MAN this is a expensive bag.. i like the looks of yours.. i hope i like miine too.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:10 AM
variablek
Cruiser

Nice work on the bags fellas...just a kinda off topic question....my seat has metal studs on it and I have a garage leathers black leather swingarm bag....was wondering how hard it would be to add studs myself to the back to match with the seat? Any ideas? I dont even know where I would get the studs...

Thanks
VK

Old 02-20-2009, 09:36 AM
dusty2221
Road Master

I think (which could be dangerous) that harley actually sells studs for replacement, like on the heritage bags. Of course, I am sure there is some $200 officially licensed harley tool you have to have (lol) to install them. Regardless, if you have a punch that is made to put holes in leather I can't imagine why you could not do it yourself.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:55 AM
vondutchga
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have one of these, unfortunately I had to restitch it, might be my driving style but I scraped the bike in left hand turns and it ripped the stitching out.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:00 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks great. I found a used one on ebay that the guy had made a mounting bracet for and all. Didn't even have to pay shipping as he lived close to me. I love mine too, but was not about to pay $150 for it. I find it extremely useful. Last night I put my leftover pasta in it and some brownies for dessert as well. Very handy.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:09 AM
dusty2221
Road Master

Originally Posted by anubisss
Looks great. I found a used one on ebay that the guy had made a mounting bracet for and all. Didn't even have to pay shipping as he lived close to me. I love mine too, but was not about to pay $150 for it. I find it extremely useful. Last night I put my leftover pasta in it and some brownies for dessert as well. Very handy.
The day you posted up about the steal you got on ebay is the day I started looking for a deal on one. I finally got lucky!

Old 02-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by variablek
Nice work on the bags fellas...just a kinda off topic question....my seat has metal studs on it and I have a garage leathers black leather swingarm bag....was wondering how hard it would be to add studs myself to the back to match with the seat? Any ideas? I dont even know where I would get the studs...

Thanks
VK
Second Guy today asking this question...
google Tandy Leather... they have a bunch of stuff...
It's not a hard job... just time consuming...

Old 02-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in the market for one also... my problem is the ones that I like are $$$

Old 02-20-2009, 02:36 PM
nowbmw
Cruiser

i want one too!!!!

Quick Reply: Got a Leatherworks Swingarm bag!