Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Bike!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009 | 07:34 PM
SD_Nick
|
Cruiser
Default New Bike!!

Hello everyone. Let me give you a litttle back story. I'm 26 been riding since 18. Mostly Hondas, a few sport bikes, my last bike was a VTX. Bout 2 weeks ago I decided to trade up and move to a Harley. Boy was that the smartest thing I've ever done!! A family member calls me last week to tell me he has the perfect bike for me....I say okay email me some pics. The next day I'm talking to the good old banker bout getting this done sight unseen! I'm expecting delivery in 2 weeks. Here's my problem I'm going mad with antcipation!!!! I don't know HD's very well and am hoping that this board can give me some insight on what is already on my bike. All I really know is 103" motor(says Screamin' Eagle on Heads), FLH Bags, Dragon Fly Fairing, Spokes, Tour Pak.....Please guys help me out....Need to keep busy for next 2 weeks!!!!! I'm from South Dakota.....the bike is sitting in Lake Havasu

Old 02-13-2009 | 07:58 PM
Called2Duty
Road Captain
Talking I know this

Hey glad to have you and welcome bro, from Indiana,, I to just came from sport bike riding two years ago had 4 gsxrs,,, They were fun iv had an 07 deuce and jsut traded for and 09 night train waiting to post pics as soon as it gets home, but Now youll understand a new meaning to riding,, by the way that deluxe you got there has a aftermarket front face on it, if you ever get tired and want to feel the wind take it off, the deluxe is a rad bike without it and the back travel gear as well..
ride safe enjoy the breeze

Old 02-13-2009 | 08:54 PM
P'colaHarley-17RGS
Ultimate HDF Member

nice bike congrats... and welcome to the forum.

Old 02-13-2009 | 09:09 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member

I'd like to know how to make those hardbags detachable on a fatboy/deluxe, etc.

Old 02-13-2009 | 09:12 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member

Yep...thats a nice looking bike. Got to be honest and say I've never seen a Deluxe that looked like that; especially with the fairing and storage compartments on the engine bars. At first glance I thought it was an Ultra. Looks like those might be Avon tyres on their from the tread pattern. You're going to love the ride of that badboy...The Deluxe is a sweet riding machine....Of course I'm a little partial ;-) Good luck!

Old 02-13-2009 | 09:24 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member

Hell I say,weather permitting, go get her and ride her home...nice scoot..welcome to the site

Old 02-13-2009 | 09:25 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member

Congrats that is one nice ride, lots of parts added to it for sure, big $$$$ looks like all good parts on it, good luck with it, think you will love it

Old 02-13-2009 | 09:38 PM
travroc
Road Warrior

Congrats. Lot of add on's for sure.

Old 02-13-2009 | 10:02 PM
71FLH
Road Warrior

Holy s**t, nice bike! I'll bet you'll never go back to jap.

Old 02-13-2009 | 10:08 PM
SD_Nick
|
Cruiser

EXACTLY Thanks for the replies and I've been lurking on the board for the past few days lots of great info here. Trying to find any Harley that is a little "unique", for lack of a better word, is hard. I'm totally in love with this thing!! if it wasn't 20 degrees here I would have flown down to get it.

Originally Posted by 71FLH
Holy s**t, nice bike! I'll bet you'll never go back to jap.

Quick Reply: New Bike!!