Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heartland Rocker Conversion: Fender Size

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 04:56 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by masar
i like Wildheart. Sorry for hijack but i just removed my OEM Rocker fender and tomorrow should be cut to make it shorter. I am not sure how far i can go not to have all that **** on my back (when is raining, etc.) Any thoughts? That also related to the Wildheart - do you think such lenght as Wildheart will keep your back clean?

I decided to keep OEM end radius and just cut it above the holes for plate number to get rid of them. I would make it even shorter but will this work?
oh your back will be getting dirty for sure...I have the heartbreaker and stuff flies up all the time

Old 02-12-2009, 05:00 PM
D.Wiggs
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heartbreaker!

That's what I just ordered.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:02 PM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomhummer
oh your back will be getting dirty for sure...I have the heartbreaker and stuff flies up all the time
Great, now you made it more easy Damm, i dont want dirty back..... But you actually dont have Heartbreaker anymore, i think its more Wildheart after your cut

Old 02-12-2009, 05:09 PM
D.Wiggs
Tourer

Great, now you made it more easy Damm, i dont want dirty back..... But you actually dont have Heartbreaker anymore, i think its more Wildheart after your cut
Yeah, that cut exposed some serious rubber.

I guess the way to know is whether or not the mud spray on your back is in a "V" configuration!!

Old 02-12-2009, 05:44 PM
SniperCJ
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im not a fan of the super short fenders so the Wildheart is out. Dont like the frenched in plate so that one is out. If I was doing it, probaby the Heartlander, but the Heartbreaker is nice too..

Old 02-12-2009, 05:47 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

definately more road junk since i did the cut on the back of the fender...but i rode it for awhile before going to paint amd still got small road bits flying up

Old 02-12-2009, 06:26 PM
sojer
Intermediate

no ****, road debri with then shorter 20" It looks like the flow pattern would be away

Old 02-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

wildheart for me partner. show off that 240 !!!!!

Old 02-13-2009, 07:13 PM
sojer
Intermediate

agree, I like the 20", but I don't want **** hitting my back when I'm riding. Guys that have the shorter fender, what has been your experience with debri, sand, pebbles, water, I find it hard to believe that it will make contact with you.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:25 PM
20NightTrain03
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i like Wildheart. Sorry for hijack but i just removed my OEM Rocker fender and tomorrow should be cut to make it shorter. I am not sure how far i can go not to have all that **** on my back (when is raining, etc.) Any thoughts? That also related to the Wildheart - do you think such lenght as Wildheart will keep your back clean?

I decided to keep OEM end radius and just cut it above the holes for plate number to get rid of them. I would make it even shorter but will this work?
i have my fender cut at noon on my chopper.......you will get hit with rocks if you cut it there

Quick Reply: Heartland Rocker Conversion: Fender Size