Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SAS Simplified Air Suspension install Done!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 02:43 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dustmaker
Raaaaaa, can you video the other side so we can see what your pipes are doing? Looks awsome! Great job!
Here you go....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biz5SFhvYds

might have to wait, youtube is getting hammered so it is not yet processed

Old 02-10-2009, 04:29 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by raaaaaa
funny thing about those switches....I used those for my garage door opener. I took my garage door opener apart and soldered one of these switches to it then I put the door opener in my tank dash on my fatboy and let the switch danle out of the dash in front. so only the small switch was exposed in front.
it looked stock. but that was years ago and I didn't remember where I had purchased them, until another forum member told me where I could find them again.
turns out I ordered extra the first time around
but here is the link. they have some real nice ones. keep in mind these are waterproof
http://www.cpi-nj.com/hand.htm
Hehehe... I need three actually, one for that very same garage-opener mod, and two for the air susp system. Thanks for the contact brother.

Mimo.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:05 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

Originally Posted by mimo
Hehehe... I need three actually, one for that very same garage-opener mod, and two for the air susp system. Thanks for the contact brother.

Mimo.
no problem...
if you notice they have a similar momentary switch that has the actual button raised. I used that one for my garage door opener.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:19 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

I can't find the "add to cart" option, do they sale online??? Tnx.

Mimo.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:48 PM
PhantomMaxx
Tourer

Good thread raaaaa,

I too thought the installation was easy and straight forward. Here is the thread: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...n-install.html

I did the install back in May and recently removed the Kit to have CCCS examine the unit. When I first tried to order the SAS unit they told me they were back ordered because they were out of compressors, and then the next day they called me and said they found one compressor in the shop. They built the unit and sent it out to me. When I first installed it the SAS would raise my bike in about 14 seconds. Several month later I timed it again and noticed it was raising slower. After several attempts to trouble shoot the problem CCCS finally said to send it back in. It turns out the compressor had a faulty sleeve on it, a type of sleeve they no longer use on the current compressors. Overall I was satisfied with there customer service and the way the handled my concerns. The SAS always worked it just got slower and they replaced the compressor free of charge.

dmac1968

1) What is the ride like compared to stock?
ANSWER:BETTER

2) Is maximum height with SAS installed same as factory height or higher?
ANSWER: The maximum and minimum height is adjustable using the bolts on the swing arm side of the SAS unit.

3) How long did it take to install?
4) Do you need anything other than standard / regular tools to do this install? Ie: you don't need a bench press (as I have heard is the case for lowering kits) etc etc?
5) is bike lift required?

ANSWER for 3, 4, & 5: As for removing and replacing the swing arm bolt, it comes out and goes in easier if you use a reversible ratcheting box wrench (link below). This tool will reduce the time in removal of stock shocks and in installing the SAS, should take about an hour. A motorcycle lift is needed and a standard car jack is helpful in moving the swing arm up and down in place. See the link above for step-by-step with pictures.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...061224x0000001

Old 02-10-2009, 08:14 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

I can't find the "add to cart" option, do they sale online??? Tnx.

Mimo.
I think you have to call them to order over the phone

Old 02-10-2009, 08:18 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

that post was one of the ones that help me make my decision on the SAS
thanks for the follow up

Originally Posted by PhantomMaxx
Good thread raaaaa,

I too thought the installation was easy and straight forward. Here is the thread: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...n-install.html

I did the install back in May and recently removed the Kit to have CCCS examine the unit. When I first tried to order the SAS unit they told me they were back ordered because they were out of compressors, and then the next day they called me and said they found one compressor in the shop. They built the unit and sent it out to me. When I first installed it the SAS would raise my bike in about 14 seconds. Several month later I timed it again and noticed it was raising slower. After several attempts to trouble shoot the problem CCCS finally said to send it back in. It turns out the compressor had a faulty sleeve on it, a type of sleeve they no longer use on the current compressors. Overall I was satisfied with there customer service and the way the handled my concerns. The SAS always worked it just got slower and they replaced the compressor free of charge.

dmac1968

1) What is the ride like compared to stock?
ANSWER:BETTER

2) Is maximum height with SAS installed same as factory height or higher?
ANSWER: The maximum and minimum height is adjustable using the bolts on the swing arm side of the SAS unit.

3) How long did it take to install?
4) Do you need anything other than standard / regular tools to do this install? Ie: you don't need a bench press (as I have heard is the case for lowering kits) etc etc?
5) is bike lift required?

ANSWER for 3, 4, & 5: As for removing and replacing the swing arm bolt, it comes out and goes in easier if you use a reversible ratcheting box wrench (link below). This tool will reduce the time in removal of stock shocks and in installing the SAS, should take about an hour. A motorcycle lift is needed and a standard car jack is helpful in moving the swing arm up and down in place. See the link above for step-by-step with pictures.

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...061224x0000001

Old 02-10-2009, 09:35 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

I think you have to call them to order over the phone
Thanks brother.

Mimo.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:24 AM
raaaaaa
Road Master

Thanks brother.

Mimo.
no prob, hey I like that front wheel you have is that a 3.5 width?

Old 02-11-2009, 03:33 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Here you go....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biz5SFhvYds

might have to wait, youtube is getting hammered so it is not yet processed
i like it. music is creepy but cool

Quick Reply: SAS Simplified Air Suspension install Done!