Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SAS Simplified Air Suspension install Done!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:24 AM
ttlpakg
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice setup. your bike is lookin' sick and the air ride sets it off!

Old 02-10-2009, 11:47 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

nice work on that thing. i wonder what you are going to do with the tins

Old 02-10-2009, 12:25 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Bike is looking sweet brother. Great job. Where can I get those switches from???

Mimo.

PS: the system works faster than I expected, I´ve just watched the vids...

Last edited by mimo; 02-10-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:47 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by train913
I think by "frame inserts" he means the black self-adhesive inserts near your pivot bolt

ohhh, sorry...
I was looking for those for a while my self. they no longer have them in the accessory book. but they are standard on the 07 screaming eagle springer.

I was going to just order them off that bike when I was at a dealer visiting a friend and saw them on the wall.

but if you did want them just go to the parts dept and get them off the 07 screaming eagle springer black

Old 02-10-2009, 12:47 PM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

G'day all,

I've been M.I.A. here for almost a year... had a little boy.. you know how it is

I bought one of these SAS units last year really cheap so I could throw it on my bike then decide if I wanted to sell them here in Oz... but since having the kid, I still haven't taken the unit out of the box other than to inspect it after it arrived from customs...

Quick couple of questions:

1) What is the ride like compared to stock?
2) Is maximum height with SAS installed same as factory height or higher?
3) How long did it take to install?
4) Do you need anything other than standard / regular tools to do this install? Ie: you don't need a bench press (as I have heard is the case for lowering kits) etc etc?
5) is bike lift required?
6) Where did you get those switches? Do they just stick on? The ones I bought from SAS look ok but not as nice as those I don't think... or as easy to install.

Dean

Old 02-10-2009, 01:02 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

Originally Posted by Blk and Chrome
Like the way it works, pretty fast. How is the ride? I like the switches, looks awesome slammed.
it works great! from slammed to my desired height is 11 seconds.
it rides much smoother than stock, but I have not had time to make the minor adjustments because of the extreme cold here...

when I was installing it, I took the air system apart. well more specifically I took the front facia off, that is where the compressor is. the reason for this was I wanted to know what I was getting myself into if I had to replace the compressor. my impressions are that it is the same as if I had one of the other air systems. by this I mean, if the air compressor was to go, I would have to drop one side of the shocks then take the facia off and there is the compressor. remove it and put in the new one. if I had one of the other air systems I would have to take off the braket that held the compressor in place them remove the compressor and replace it. in my openion it is almost the same thing.
I say this because I saw the actual compressor in the SAS system.
So I disagree with people that say "what if the compressor goes" it is just as much work to remove the compressor off any other air system

Old 02-10-2009, 01:10 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

Originally Posted by Alain
nice work on that thing. i wonder what you are going to do with the tins
it's no surprise
I was looking at the RSD tank seat and fender. the problem is paint.....the guy I want to use in Cali fu^& my whole world up last time I met with him. I had it all in my head and he gave me all these other ideas, put my head in a tail spin.
so I plan on going back to cali in April, I will have a definate pain scheme after that meating.
let's remember no matter what you put on your bike, the paint sets the tone for your bike it is what you see first and last.
my big problem is I like to use my bikes so if I get some show room paint I will not be able to ride it how I want to without fear of messing it up.

Happy medium is what I am looking for

Old 02-10-2009, 01:11 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dustmaker
Raaaaaa, can you video the other side so we can see what your pipes are doing? Looks awsome! Great job!
I will do the other side but my pipes are so far off the ground you won't notice much

Old 02-10-2009, 01:19 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

Originally Posted by mimo
Bike is looking sweet brother. Great job. Where can I get those switches from???

Mimo.

PS: the system works faster than I expected, I´ve just watched the vids...
funny thing about those switches....I used those for my garage door opener. I took my garage door opener apart and soldered one of these switches to it then I put the door opener in my tank dash on my fatboy and let the switch danle out of the dash in front. so only the small switch was exposed in front.
it looked stock. but that was years ago and I didn't remember where I had purchased them, until another forum member told me where I could find them again.
turns out I ordered extra the first time around
but here is the link. they have some real nice ones. keep in mind these are waterproof
http://www.cpi-nj.com/hand.htm

Old 02-10-2009, 02:10 PM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great work, love it

Quick Reply: SAS Simplified Air Suspension install Done!