Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

deluxe model owners please read

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 04:10 PM
rsavage
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He bought a non-existent bike as far as this softail forum is concerned. Take a look at the models noted in the "softail" forum. Deluxe ain't there but we do have a model listed that was discontinued. Just my rant. I think it's a slap to a lot of folks who frequent the forum.
In any event, your friend will enjoy it. Guess us Deluxe owners are Rodney Dangerfields.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:17 PM
walley3261
Tourer
Default Deluxe

Low center of gravity, great smooth ride, Highly customizable, the only draw-back is the stock pipes. You can't really put bigger bags on them with the stock pipes. Other than that is a great bike.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:48 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Didnt like the stock bars...(So I ditched 'em) ...Also hated the stock exhaust...(Gone on mine)....other than that the bike is sweet as they come...Love the fact that the Deluxe come in two-tone...love the white walls...all around great bike and FUN to ride.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Brandons_Deluxe
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rsavage
He bought a non-existent bike as far as this softail forum is concerned. Take a look at the models noted in the "softail" forum. Deluxe ain't there but we do have a model listed that was discontinued. Just my rant. I think it's a slap to a lot of folks who frequent the forum.
In any event, your friend will enjoy it. Guess us Deluxe owners are Rodney Dangerfields.
I was noticing this the other day too but anyways at least he has good taste in bikes even if the Deluxe doesnt exist.....

My 2 cents about the Deluxe... it is my first Harley and absolutely love it... looks, ride, nostalgia, etc cant say enough about it... Great Bike!!!

Old 02-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts
Talking

I wasn't even interested in getting a bike. I was along for the ride with friends looking at Harleys. I sat on the Deluxe because I was bored. Then I heard myself telling the Sales lady "I'll take it". It was THAT good - right off the rack!

Old 02-03-2009, 09:42 PM
ozarksoutlaw
Advanced

I had several years to decide on what I wanted cause I had to wait for the kids to graduate and get the heck out, and it was always the deluxe. Love the look and the ride.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:23 PM
NavyPT
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As you are going to find out this bike can take on many different looks. I love the classic nostalgic image. I've been around town and on 1500 mile trips and have loved every minute of it riding this bike.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:37 PM
utz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Don't have mine to long but I love it already very classy bike.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:51 PM
murd
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing I don't like about mine is IT'S IN THE FRKIN GARAGE WAITING FOR DECENT WEATHER....but I sure love it!!!

Old 02-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Luxe
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

First time I saw the Deluxe on the Harley web site I knew I would have to get a Chopper Blue & White one. I found mine in Dec. 2004. The Deluxe has a very retro appearance, with enough chrome to get you started. I haven't stopped, put on most everything going. Love the ride, low center of gravity. All stock harley exhausts are too quiet, so that was not a concern.

Attached Thumbnails deluxe model owners please read-christmas2008106-4.jpg  

Last edited by Luxe; 02-04-2009 at 09:39 PM.

Quick Reply: deluxe model owners please read