Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement FXSTC Seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 11:36 PM
PewterHeritage
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How's about a "butt donut"??? J/K I'm curious on how the wife will like the stock seat when I get my Heritage.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:58 AM
charlienz
Stage III

Originally Posted by rbabos
While the stock seat is comfy for the rider, the passenger starts to complain within an hour.
Looking for a good replacement that offers comfort for both rider and passenger, good quality and fit especially with the Tmax installed. I would also like to keep the use of the stock sissy bar with an added pad if possible. I would also like the seat to not look like a wrinkled up old hag within a year, like the stock seat did. Not asking for much, huh? If any one can shoot some experiences and products my way, I'd appreciate it. Nothing like real world experiences with the products to keep me from adding more junk to my garage.
Ron
Hi jerry, I was just viewing a post back in early 2009 regarding a photo of a black 2007 fxstc with a wide mustang seat with passenger backrest and pillion seat with studs etc on it. I have a 2009 fxstc and was seriously thinking of purchasing a mustang seat for mine. It's been tricky finding any info from sum one who has such a seat on their bike. Any comments about seat would be appreciated. Plus did you replace the standard sissy bar? And if so what brand & type did you put on it. The bike looks great.
Thanks.
Charlie.
Picton. New Zealand

Old 02-11-2013, 09:39 AM
tnharley7
Road Captain

Charlie, the wide body Mustang seat and passenger pillion was one of the best choices I made with this bike. Now, it makes it look more like a Heritage instead of a Softail Custom, because the seat is wider than you normally see on this style of bike, but for comfort for both the rider and passenger, it couldn't be beat. Especially with the rider backrest, I could ride all day long with no discomfort from the seat at all. Additionally, you could easily detach the passenger pillion and put in its place a Mustang leather fender piece that looked really good. No I used the stock sissybar, so no issues with it.

Originally Posted by charlienz
Hi jerry, I was just viewing a post back in early 2009 regarding a photo of a black 2007 fxstc with a wide mustang seat with passenger backrest and pillion seat with studs etc on it. I have a 2009 fxstc and was seriously thinking of purchasing a mustang seat for mine. It's been tricky finding any info from sum one who has such a seat on their bike. Any comments about seat would be appreciated. Plus did you replace the standard sissy bar? And if so what brand & type did you put on it. The bike looks great.
Thanks.
Charlie.
Picton. New Zealand

Old 02-11-2013, 10:56 PM
charlienz
Stage III

Excellent!! That's just made my mind up thank you.
Is that a quick release windshield you have on the front of the bike? Which brand did you go with & how do you find it?. Been looking at a national cycle 2up quick release for myself but making a decision for online products from USA when you live downunder can be costly to return if you buy incorrectly.
Thanks again Charlie

Old 02-12-2013, 07:53 AM
tnharley7
Road Captain

That is a HD Super Sport QD windshield. It is a great windshield that fits the profile of the FXSTC with minimal bracing showing. Plus it is lightly tinted.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:41 PM
charlienz
Stage III

Hey thank you for the info.
Charlie

Old 02-12-2013, 11:58 PM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default seat

that Corbin widowmaker looks pretty nice

Old 11-25-2014, 06:02 AM
2007fxstc
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Saddleman Explorer

Originally Posted by rbabos
While the stock seat is comfy for the rider, the passenger starts to complain within an hour.
Looking for a good replacement that offers comfort for both rider and passenger, good quality and fit especially with the Tmax installed. I would also like to keep the use of the stock sissy bar with an added pad if possible. I would also like the seat to not look like a wrinkled up old hag within a year, like the stock seat did. Not asking for much, huh? If any one can shoot some experiences and products my way, I'd appreciate it. Nothing like real world experiences with the products to keep me from adding more junk to my garage.
Ron
I just got mine and she loves it! The fit on my 07 was perfect. I like the pocket feel of the seat when I hammer the stage 4 103 upgrade, it keeps me in place to bang another gear.

Last edited by 2007fxstc; 11-25-2014 at 06:05 AM.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:00 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

That's all well and good, but WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?????