Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 11:27 AM
davidd10
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Exhausts

Just bought a new 2006 Heritage Classic and know the first thing I have to do is got some sound going. Bringing it home today. Can someone recommend some good pipes or slipons. Can someone tell me if the screaming e slip ons sound good???

Thanks David

Old 04-18-2006, 12:09 PM
PWHOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help with Exhausts

Got the SE11's on mine (Baloney Slash Cut's) and they sound great !

[IMG]local://upfiles/3771/108FE3D49E4C415D849F869323498958.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-18-2006, 12:10 PM
mutha
Road Captain

depending on what you are looking for........I think the Thunderheader is the best.....also Vance & Hines, or the Python 3's just depends on the look you want and performance..just my .02

Old 04-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rinehart now has slip-ons available that would look cool.. and I'll bet sound cool too.

Old 04-18-2006, 02:49 PM
slack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey personaly I have V&H staggerd and they are great. The longs look good also.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Geoseismic
Road Captain

I went with the SE II slash cut for three reasons; 1st-They are an inexpensive way to improve the sound and performance of the bike, 2nd-They maintain the crossover of the stock exhaust which improves low end torque, 3rd-I saved my stock mufflers. I can revert back to stock in a matter of minutes if any warranty issues arrise.
I'll wait until the warranty expires on the bike before I consider an aftermarket exhaust. Also, and it depends on the dealer, some dealers will tell you that any aftermarket exhaust will void the warranty. My dealer could care less about the SE II mufflers, even though the box says "for offroad use only" and "may void warranty".
If dealer installs, it will go into the Harley central data base, which is matched to your bikes serial number. If a warranty issue arrises, they can blame it on the exhaust. Doing a self installation keeps the performance exhaust from showing up on the Harley central data base preserving your warranty. If something comes up, slap the stock exhuast back on and take it to the dealer.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:07 PM
Screamer
Road Captain

V&H Staggerd. Performance, sound and looks.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4277/9459B225B2354CC685F8A4ED8EE03766.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4277/2B390265A6CD4D4090A57AA6AA64635D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-18-2006, 04:12 PM
USNDiver
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: Geoseismic

I went with the SE II slash cut for three reasons; 1st-They are an inexpensive way to improve the sound and performance of the bike, 2nd-They maintain the crossover of the stock exhaust which improves low end torque, 3rd-I saved my stock mufflers. I can revert back to stock in a matter of minutes if any warranty issues arrise.
I'll wait until the warranty expires on the bike before I consider an aftermarket exhaust. Also, and it depends on the dealer, some dealers will tell you that any aftermarket exhaust will void the warranty. My dealer could care less about the SE II mufflers, even though the box says "for offroad use only" and "may void warranty".
If dealer installs, it will go into the Harley central data base, which is matched to your bikes serial number. If a warranty issue arrises, they can blame it on the exhaust. Doing a self installation keeps the performance exhaust from showing up on the Harley central data base preserving your warranty. If something comes up, slap the stock exhuast back on and take it to the dealer.

Is this a common problem between aftermarket exhaust/warranty issues? I was going to have the dealer install a set of slip ons at the first service (to avoid any question about "improper installation") but if it's gonna cause headaches I'll hold off.

Any opinons on this?

Thanks,

Dave

Old 04-18-2006, 04:16 PM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll second the V&H bigshot staggereds.

Old 04-18-2006, 04:22 PM
ChristopherLee
Novice

I have the SE slash cuts and though they do sound decent, I would prefer some pipes with a little more volume. They look and sound great, just not the fatest sounding pipes I've heard.

Quick Reply: Help with Exhausts