Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 04:59 PM
93HD
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help with Exhausts

first dont worry about warranty issues yet.How many blown harley motors do you hear about?
An exhaust upgrade is not going to hurt any thing.unless your beaten the hell out of it in the
break in period. A after market exhaust is a easy install 1/2 to 1 hour tops.save your stock pipes
you will be fine.there is always a loop hole somewhere.live a little on the edge is that not why you bought your bike in the first place.vance and hines,bassani,sampson,they are all great stuff
see what catches your eye! Good luck with your new hog.

Old 04-18-2006, 05:36 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member

The ONLY way that they can "VOID" the warranty is if they can PROVE that the upgrades were the direct cause of the breakage. Now... they may fight you like hell about it... but unless they can absolutely prove the exhaust did it... not sure I would worry about that too much.

I had the V&H Big Shot Staggereds, PCIII USB, and SE Air Kit Installed and tuned at my dealer. So if it DOES blow up they have already said that they will stand by their workmanship and tuning if the bike were to blow up.

And for the record... if I read this board correctly the SE Slip Ons are no longer available from Harley.... But Reinhart/BUB are the ones that made them anyway and they are going to start selling the same Slip Ons as aftermarket but without the pretty Harley Script on them.

I went with the V&H because of stuff I read here, I liked how they looked & sounded, and the overall rep of V&H. I could not be happier with my choice. I was worried my ears would be bleeding 10 minutes after I got on the bike but it has not been a problem. they are loud but not obnoxious. And if they are too loud V&H sells quiet baffles that will lower the sound about 2-3db. Quiet a few people around here have the Quiet Baffles and they swear by them.

Good luck.

Old 04-18-2006, 07:08 PM
richp5
Cruiser

Like my Vance & Hines Big Shot Staggards with quiet baffles.

Old 04-18-2006, 08:32 PM
FXST
Cruiser

I am happy with Hooker Headers The sounds great plus they didn't lose any power on the dyno, which is good compared to other big diameter pipes...

[IMG]local://upfiles/973/1C8823CD48734B8382297FC46CE15478.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-18-2006, 09:15 PM
IndyHSC
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: davidd10

screaming e slip ons sound good???

David,

First off, congratulations on the new Heritage!! Do “SE slip-ons sound good??” YES, I love the sound of the SEII’s I have on my 05 Heritage…just like X loves his V&H’s, Y loves his Hookers’, Z loves his Rinehart’s, etc, etc. [:@]

Seems to me like exhaust (and other mods) for our rides are like our ideas about women…we all have our own taste. What I love[sm=Awwww.gif], you may hate. [:'(]

I would recommend hanging outside your favorite dealer a couple of days listening to all the bikes coming, going, and milling around. Hanging out should give you an opportunity to hear a bunch of pipe/muffler combos while they are accelerating, decelerating, and just cruising around. For my .02, don’t rush into a purchase; in the end, the only opinion that counts is yours. Good luck man!

Oh by the way, how ‘bout some pics of that 06

John

Old 04-18-2006, 11:45 PM
Fatbernie
Road Captain

I love my SE II's. Great choice for me. Sound great and the neighbors don't complain.....too much. Can't go wrong.
BA

Old 04-19-2006, 01:43 PM
davidd10
5th Gear

Thanks all !!!
I am going with the SE slip ons and stage one kit. Going to have it done Saturday.

Thanks again
David

Old 04-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Geoseismic
Road Captain

davidd10,
Good luck and post some picks. If you have the dealer do the install, make sure you get your take-offs back (incuding air cleaner). You may never use them, but they sell for a price on ebay! Why let the dealer profit from your upgrades. Don't let everyone on the forum scare you off over the stage 1 download. I did it and have been extremely pleased with the bikes performance. If you are unhappy, you can always add a Power Commander, TFI/DFO, or SERT.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:10 PM
09TxRoadKing
Advanced

I just put a set of Big shot Staggered on mine last night and they sound great.

Old 04-20-2006, 09:09 AM
Ronbo
Advanced

Take a look at my V&H Big radils.

Quick Reply: Help with Exhausts