Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help w/new exhaust, v&h or martin

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:01 AM
lucy brown
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomhummer
Got my rocker end of last summer...first thing i did was throw V&H big radius's on it...started looking around and every rocker i saw had the same thing on it...less than a 100 miles i had them taken off and had Martin Brother's Shockwaves put on...i got more horse and more torque...i have included a pic of both dyno maps...did i mention better sound and more compliments
Thanks dude, I was kinda leaning toward the Martin bros since on youtube videos they sounded a bit better. I live in NJ and nobody is riding now so I dont have any way to hear them live. I considered V&H pipes because of my sport bike days, thats all we used. BTW your bike is so sweet, I'm going to refrence it when I start modding mine.

Good to know that I can pop them on right away. The sales man at my local dealer started up a rocker from me and while the engine sounds good it's not the pipe sound I'm after. Way to quiet. Those pipes will never see the light of day.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Phil666
Intermediate

Hi lucy, its a matter of personal choice really,which do you like best they are all good pipes. Twin cam engines can be stage one from point of purchase.The3 EVO and older engines needed to be run in first this no longer applies.Be cautious HD delaer ship will do a stage one and fit the pipes in England for around £600 sterling.I bought my V&H on e bay for around £300 and fitted themin about an hour. They will tell you it affects the warranty but many non HD dealers can do this in warranty or you can do this yourself fairly easily.
Hope you enjoy your new bike.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:09 AM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very cool about taking the stocks off from the gate...they just don't make you feel you're riding a harley...vance and hines are good pipes don't get me wrong...just feel for the rocker and the look i'm going for the martin brothers shockwaves suits my needs better...and they do have a very good sound....if you do decide to go with martin brothers...the shockwaves came with a strange looking baffle that we cut almost all the way off leaving just enough for some back pressure...they do pop...but probably wouldn't if we hadn't cut the baffle...just a helpful hint for you...good luck on your decision...lets us know which way you go

Old 01-29-2009, 10:19 AM
speedsnice
Tourer

I like my Big Radius, I don't bump into too many Rockers so I don't mind have the same exhaust. I think they flow with the lines of the bike.
I have Thunder Monster QQ baffles to give them a different sound.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:59 AM
lucy brown
Cruiser

Originally Posted by speedsnice
I like my Big Radius, I don't bump into too many Rockers so I don't mind have the same exhaust. I think they flow with the lines of the bike.
I have Thunder Monster QQ baffles to give them a different sound.

That isnt the stock seat is it? looks like the regular rocker seat.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:08 AM
bL33d
Cruiser

I have vance and hines shortshots on my 91 custom now but i think im gonna drop the hammer on some hooker troublemakers. Looks similar to v&h big radius but alittle cheaper and supposeably better performing.

Here is a vid i seen on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXrlGdwDJoE

Old 01-29-2009, 01:23 PM
lucy brown
Cruiser

Thanks for posting that video.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:55 PM
speedsnice
Tourer

Originally Posted by lucy brown
That isnt the stock seat is it? looks like the regular rocker seat.
It's the regular Rocker seat with the painted frame caps and 2 inch tank lift.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:27 PM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to agree with Tom Hummer, almost every Rocker (and not just Rockers) you see has the V&H Big Radius on them. I like the Martin Brothers Shockwaves as they have a unique look and you can get them in black ceramic and chrome and the same with the heat shileds. I also agree with Tom that they really look good on the Rocker adding some unique and flowing lines to the bike.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:34 PM
bL33d
Cruiser

Well i ordered the hooker troublemakers i will throw a vid on youtube once i get them installed.

O man my wife is gonna pissed

Quick Reply: help w/new exhaust, v&h or martin