Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered a Detach Kit for the Saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Ronbo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ordered a Detach Kit for the Saddlebags

I cut an alm plat to fit inside the bags and bolt though it.

Old 05-09-2006, 05:47 PM
socalsoftail
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed the barebacks on my 06 heritage. detaching them is a snap, as well as the installation. My only concern was the lower mount. Seems like you have to push a little hard to get it over the male end. Also i cant wait to get some chome caps to cover the male ends. Do you have a pic with the cap covers?

Old 05-09-2006, 06:12 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Unfortunately no.. I was too cheap to spring for the covers. I did get the barebacks installed. My setup is with smaller bags and only two connections on the struts without a lower support like the heritage. With everything off, the sissy bar detach and the barebacks detach on the end is a pretty ugly looking contraption... Pretty clunky. But, my bags are off, but attachable for the trip, to be pulled off when I get there in the hotel room, so I can live with it. Nice product though. EASY install.

I did notice it was kind of a Bitc& to get the bags on and off though at first. I hope they kind of break in and loosen up a bit. I noticed if they're not perfectly lined up, they stick pretty darn easy. I even greased them a bit to try to help. They do extend the bags out about an inch making the small bags that much uglier, but oh well. I'll have the bags and sissybar luggage bag packed, then remove ALL on arrival.

Man if I had it to do again, it would be a roadking or heritage or something that looks like it's SUPPOSED to have saddlebags, along with all the other goodies I wish I had like a lightbar, fender lights, etc. That's my one gripe with fatboys. A lot of suffering to still have some form of luggage and still be cool, I guess. [:'(] fooey