Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

night train question

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 08:11 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Sundowner seat, 3" Ness extensions, and the Street Slammer bars. I can ride mine all day long.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:17 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

get it, get it, get it and get it

Old 01-24-2009, 11:11 PM
MidwestRider
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
The Night Train has a low, stretched out, aggressive riding position...no, it's not for everyone, but it suits my riding style...I spent a few years and $$ modifying bikes that kept ending up styled like a Train till I just said fck it, pulled the trigger and got one...I have the stock bars which I love, and a LePera Silhouette solo seat with gel, that keeps my *** happy...a lot of my friends have touring bikes and I've done 500-600 miles a day right beside them...and yeah, they love to swap bikes once in awhile and I have to threaten them to get my Train back...this bike is my keeper...and I'll be 60 this year, so age has nothing to do with it...https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...ht-train-2.jpg
Right on! Glad to see someone almost 60 is riding a train

Old 01-25-2009, 01:02 AM
armorup
Cruiser

I've got 12" mini-apes, a tall boy seat, and 3" extensions. Can ride all day long and with the wife and love the Train.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:00 AM
cncfxstb
Advanced

i agree go with the night train, nobody really likes to have an STD. i thought i liked the stock bars on my 07 train untill i tried out some apes, i went with a 18" nash gimp hanger with a 1" rise. i live in michigan and last fall i rode to the dragons tail only stoped for gas and a to down some beef jerky. the ride there, while i was there and back i put over 2300 miles in about 3 days. Did not have a single problem.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:47 AM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts

I will say one thing that you need to consider carefully if you want to ride long distance. Obviously, the looks of the bike count for a lot and the Night Train has it's own attitude that gets a lot of attention. Here is the deal:

Forward controls = leaned back riding = tail bone pressure

Stock Night Train seats look good on the bike... but they are >thin<.

Drag bars help... but if you have been riding crotch rockets, you better have a tough butt.

My $0.02

C#

Old 01-25-2009, 08:10 AM
ttlpakg
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do it!! you wont regret it.
once you do, you'll be back on here telling us how much you love it. good luck.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:57 PM
serge627
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
Just bought my 05'. Slammer bars , 3" extended controls and slammed in the rear.....The first 200 miles I felt like a human parachute with a sore gut and stopped for a roadside ciggarette twice.

Then my abs started to tighten up and suddenly it felt real good. Now I cant get enough and hate it when the ride is over! Cant wait to make some 400-500 mile a day runs in the spring!

Lovin' it and wouldnt even consider anything else!

I will say that a lowered train with extended controls will make you feel like an outlaw riding around. You see all these other cats up high in the air on those baggers and kings and then you come ripping along *** about 20" off the road on your nasty blacked out train....

Priceless.

Which headlight do you have on your Train?? Any more pics?
Thanks

Old 01-25-2009, 02:38 PM
harper764
Banned

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
I will say that a lowered train with extended controls will make you feel like an outlaw riding around. You see all these other cats up high in the air on those baggers and kings and then you come ripping along *** about 20" off the road on your nasty blacked out train....

Priceless.

so do you ride cause you like to ride or so youre seen riding?

Old 01-25-2009, 03:03 PM
jefnightrain
Tourer

Glad I'm not the oldest train rider here. (54) Mine's been dropped 2" in the rear, some big buffalo bars (look like slammers only better priced), & just installed a bare bones seat which visually dropped it another couple of inches in the *** end. I am putting some 3" extensions on now.

Quick Reply: night train question