Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle Slip Ons

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Gwasshoppa
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screamin Eagle Slip Ons

I put Screamin Eagle Slip Ons on my '09 Softail Custom for a little more sound. I have got a couple of questions until I can get the replacement pipes I want. I want to remove the baffles and get even a little more sound out of it, has anyone done this, and what were the results? Also, if I do this do I have to take it in for a computer tune up, is it going to run to hot ect.? Thanks.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:35 PM
streeteagle
Club Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the SE's on my Deuce & your right, they are not really loud enough for me either, but I'm keeping them for now. Question for you is, why did you get them to begin with, did you think they would be louder than they are? If you are going to replace 'em in the near future I would not screw with the baffles, I would jerk 'em & sell 'em. Can't answer you questions.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Gwasshoppa
Intermediate

Took the word of someone else, stupid me. It will be a while before I get around to replacing them, I have got lots of other things that take priority.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:24 PM
streeteagle
Club Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Gwasshoppa
Took the word of someone else, stupid me. It will be a while before I get around to replacing them, I have got lots of other things that take priority.
Gotcha, been there done that!

Old 01-17-2009, 09:53 PM
OutlawBagger
Road Captain

I just put the Screamin Eagle slip on's on my 09 Dyna. The local Dealer swapped out the SE baffles for some thing a little louder. The sound is incredible. I can get the name of the baffle for you. Also if you want to here what it sounds like PM me your number and you can hear it over the phone.

Ken

Old 01-17-2009, 10:02 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a pair from 2006 and they sound great, they changed the baffles in late 07 and it made them sound terrible, you can pull out the baffles and it should not hurt your ride, it will just sound real loud, another guy pulled his baffles out and cut them in half and they sound decent, pull them out and run your bike for a few days and you should be able to tell if your bike is acting up. I bought Rush pipes with the 2.25 baffles for the wifes Heritage and they sound as good as the Rineheart. IMO

Old 01-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Gwasshoppa
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RDKingRider
I have a pair from 2006 and they sound great, they changed the baffles in late 07 and it made them sound terrible, you can pull out the baffles and it should not hurt your ride, it will just sound real loud, another guy pulled his baffles out and cut them in half and they sound decent, pull them out and run your bike for a few days and you should be able to tell if your bike is acting up. I bought Rush pipes with the 2.25 baffles for the wifes Heritage and they sound as good as the Rineheart. IMO
Good advice, hadn't thought about cutting them down. As much as I want a really loud sound I can't get to carried away where I live. Thanks for the advice.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Gwasshoppa
Intermediate

Originally Posted by outlawstang
I just put the Screamin Eagle slip on's on my 09 Dyna. The local Dealer swapped out the SE baffles for some thing a little louder. The sound is incredible. I can get the name of the baffle for you. Also if you want to here what it sounds like PM me your number and you can hear it over the phone.

Ken
If you could get the name of the baffle for me that would be great. I would rather not have to put them in when I have to go get inspection done.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:06 AM
I CUT 1
Tourer

The SE2 slipons that I'm running have baffels that are bolted in with 1/4 bolts. I took the stock baffel out and put a Big City Thunder baffle in its place. Think that you will like what you here!!! Also when I was at that point of open exhaust and intake I never got the ecm flashed. But I was lucky in that my bike liked the change, your's may or may not.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:23 AM
nowbmw
Cruiser

Took the baffles out of my SEII Slip ons, loved the way it sounded, was really loud and had decel pop due to loss of back pressure. They had a small bolt and i used a slide hammer and they came right out. Maybe just drill some extra holes in the baffles, keep adding holes till your satisfied with the sound.

Brent

Quick Reply: Screamin Eagle Slip Ons