Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New '09 Deluxe prices?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009 | 01:35 PM
utz
Outstanding HDF Member

I bought mine at new york city hd.Picked it it yesterday.

Old 01-20-2009 | 08:20 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member

Keep in mind, this particular dealer where these quotes came from will deal a little in price. Im pretty sure if someone offered them $1500 under MSRP, they'd take it. Both of those bikes have been there since the early fall. Seeing that you're in Orange County, CA, you might have a little harder time dealing since things seem to be priced a little higher there, however, I have read CA has been hit extremely hard by the economic slow down. Good luck...let us know how it goes.

PS. My suggestion is offer them $2500 less and see where that goes. Can't hurt. If they want to deal, they will work with you. Further, if you got the cash in hand or can easily get financed, that's only a bonus in your court. There are lots of dealers in OC....keep shopping until you find your best deal! Good luck again!

Originally Posted by jbg
This is about exactly what they quoted me. But in todays economy, I can't see paying MSRP for the bike?

I think it should be right around what Ranger56528 and Tmichellof PG are saying. That was my original expectation. $2000 off the price they quoted me and I'd buy it today. I think I'll get a few more quotes and if nobody comes close, I'll just tell them what I want to pay and see if anyone bites. I'm hoping that in today's market, they need a sale and will drop to my expectations?

"Out the door" price here in California includes:
Unit $17,995.00
Freight $699.00
Tax $1453.04
Waste Tire Fee $3.50
Doc Fees $55.00
License fees $194.00

For a total of $20,399.54. I think it should be $2K less. I'd buy it today if it was $2K less. Got any suggestions?

Last edited by WarriorHD; 01-20-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-20-2009 | 08:27 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member

PS...This is excellent advice...I'd listen and do exactly as the man says... :-)

Originally Posted by tmitchellof PG
A lot of dealers pad the price by adding a set up fee, of what ever amount they think they can get away with. Your price list doesn't show a setup fee, so I assume they added it to the freight charge. The cost for freight per the HD site is $330, so I would ask them where they came up with the $699 freight charge.
You can't do anything about the tax,license and I guess the doc. fee, if that is a normal fee.
Living in California, you must have several dealerships within an hours drive. I would start at the closest one, sit down with the salesman and tell him you will pay $18,400, out the door price, for a new Deluxe, 2 tone.
Let them know that price includes everything, license, doc fees, taxes,etc.
Write the year,model,paint colors, your name and telephone number on a piece of paper. Be polite and let them do all the talking, when they get done telling you that your price is too low, thank them for their time and ask them to give you a ring, if they change their mind. I doubt if you run out of dealerships, before you get your new Deluxe.
Good luck,
Tom