Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid question about heritage fender skirt...

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 06:00 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Stupid question about heritage fender skirt...

I got a fender skirt for the new fender but it doesn't seem to want to line up exactly with the holes on the fender. The edge that wraps around the fender doesn't seem to want to fit either. I figured I would sjut bend it but cannot get it just right. I am afraid to scratch my new fender while installing this thing. Any tips or tricks...

Old 01-15-2009, 06:08 PM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know what a fender skirt is, unless it's on a car. You mean it covers part of the wheel opening from the side? I have seen an Indian with a swoopy fender but it was the fender, not a skirt.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 56 Posts
Talking

Couple of questions; did you order this new for a Heritage? Is the skirt used? Did it come off of a Heritage?
I was just looking at these skirts in an older dealer catalog and noticed that the ones on the Touring models extend out below the edge of the fender by a few inches with only the top screwed in. On the Softail models, it appears to be just layed over the fender bottom and screwed in both top and bottom.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:56 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put one on wife's 08 no problem. I also just put a new one on the Ultra, no problem.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:59 PM
conroskie
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you talking about the bottom of the fender anubisss? Or the fender trim, either way mine fit perfectly do you know what year fender you bought? Maybe there is a difference with the newer vs. the older models...

Old 01-15-2009, 07:04 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, someone sent this to me for free. The package says 86 and later FLSTC. I am jsut paranoid and don't want to scratch the new fender in case I want to take it off. Gotta bust out the blue painters tape. According to Harley all the heritage front fenders are the same. I guess I should take the fender back off the bike too. Pure laziness has contributed to this question in a major way.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:49 PM
powaypete
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are talking about the skirt that is at the rear bottom part of the fender. Start by putting the screws and nuts on from the middle but only finger tight. Tighten in the same proceedure. Good idea to use painters tape.

If you are talking about the trim that goes at the front, assemble loose. The 2 side pieces have sliding attach points, (BE CAREFUL they will scratch the fender).

I had to replace a fender on my Heritage.
PS = the lower fender skirt will also fit RK's.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:28 PM
Harley03joe
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by anubisss
I got a fender skirt for the new fender but it doesn't seem to want to line up exactly with the holes on the fender. The edge that wraps around the fender doesn't seem to want to fit either. I figured I would sjut bend it but cannot get it just right. I am afraid to scratch my new fender while installing this thing. Any tips or tricks...
ANUBISSS
This Is The Way It Fits On An 03 Heritage

Old 01-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Harley03joe
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, someone sent this to me for free. The package says 86 and later FLSTC. I am jsut paranoid and don't want to scratch the new fender in case I want to take it off. Gotta bust out the blue painters tape. According to Harley all the heritage front fenders are the same. I guess I should take the fender back off the bike too. Pure laziness has contributed to this question in a major way.
ANUBISSS
CAN YOU PLEASE POST Pictures Of The Fender And The Shirt Ok
Thanks

Old 05-08-2014, 07:18 PM
blt3-1vet
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Front Fender Skirt

To my knowledge, I am unaware of any after market front fender skirt for a 2014 Harley. Previous years are 1/2" too long for the 14's. However, if someone knows of one let me know. Thanks, Tom

Quick Reply: Stupid question about heritage fender skirt...