Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 08:46 AM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Snow1989, thanks for the info. Definitely something to think about.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:09 PM
lclement
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my replacement batwing today! Finally… took 2 extra weeks since I received the first one… oh well will let you all know what I think of it after I get it installed. The weather is going to turn for the worst again here so may be a few days…

Old 03-21-2009, 06:35 PM
rubberman
2nd Gear

I just found this thread on the batwing fairing from memphis shades. I have one ordered and I will have tunes on it one way or another. Right now I have the memphis shades fats and was able to put tunes on it with 3" marine speaker and a 100 watt amp inserted into a windshield bag I had made, I will transfer the bag to the fairing, or buy the windshield tri-bag and remount the speaker in the small outside bags and put the amp in the center bag. From other riders seeing the bag, I have sold about 10 to co-workers and friends.

PS. can someone tell me the size of each bag on the tri-bags memphis shades is selling.

Last edited by rubberman; 03-21-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:54 PM
parakiller
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rubberman,

Your awesome! Can you share with me your plans? What amp connections etc?

Old 03-22-2009, 05:45 AM
wheelspin
Advanced
Default What did you use for a radio?

Nice Idea, are you using for a radio or I-pod, MP3 etc? Is that located in the bag also?
Wheelspin
Originally Posted by rubberman
I just found this thread on the batwing fairing from memphis shades. I have one ordered and I will have tunes on it one way or another. Right now I have the memphis shades fats and was able to put tunes on it with 3" marine speaker and a 100 watt amp inserted into a windshield bag I had made, I will transfer the bag to the fairing, or buy the windshield tri-bag and remount the speaker in the small outside bags and put the amp in the center bag. From other riders seeing the bag, I have sold about 10 to co-workers and friends.

PS. can someone tell me the size of each bag on the tri-bags memphis shades is selling.

Old 03-22-2009, 01:34 PM
rubberman
2nd Gear

parakiller, I ordered the MX-6003 speakers in black (around $20 shipped) from the link below.http://www.vidsonix.com/vx_marine.html
And I will try to find a link to the amps, which has a jack you can plug a mp3 player, satilite radio ect. into.
I emailed Paris (the girl, not the country) and she was selling me the amp only like the one in the link below for around $20 shipped.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Black...Q5fAccessories

Last edited by rubberman; 03-22-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:44 PM
rubberman
2nd Gear

wheelspin, I use a mp3 player which I bought a handlebar mount for, and you can plug anything with a standard headphone jack into, in a heavy rain you could put it in the bag and still play it if your worried about the player getting wet.
parakiller, I really dont have any plans, but I can tell you that you need a 2 7/8" whole to put the speakers in (if you use the speakers in the link I provided), and that you will need about 3" between the speakers to mount the amp (if you use the same amp as I used) To keep the speaker from pulling out of the bag use a backing inside the bag. My first one I used aluminum, but have since used plexyglass.

Old 03-22-2009, 04:38 PM
rubberman
2nd Gear

Youu can make the sound system I made for a little under $100, or you can buy a premade one from the seller in the link below, I think he got the idea from me, I posted pictures and how to make them on another forum almost a year ago.
https://id211.chi.us.securedata.net/...roducts_id=314

Old 03-22-2009, 09:58 PM
parakiller
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool thanks for the information. Let me know when you get a confirmation for the amplifier. That sounds like a good deal.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:55 AM
rubberman
2nd Gear

parakiller, you can contact Paris about the amp at paris@siliconeworks.com

Quick Reply: Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing