Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 08:30 PM
smorgan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Supernova01
I'm gonna have to seriously consider this for my RKCustom, I just wish they would make on to fit with my deflector so I wouldn't have to buy a new nacelle! Thanks for all of the pics and detailed info!
Is it they dont fit or just cover the turn signals? Id like to know cuse I weill put on signal mirrors and call it good.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:15 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by smorgan
Is it they dont fit or just cover the turn signals? Id like to know cuse I weill put on signal mirrors and call it good.
I dont think it would fit with the T/S on the bars. Even if it fit it would cover the T/S

Old 03-09-2009, 04:02 AM
Snow1989
Intermediate

Originally Posted by keno
It's just a damn shame you can't install a radio in it. If I was able to I would order one for the long rides.
Keno...I picked up the dragonflyconcepts fairing...and it can have a radio installed...wish the pics were better but here it is on my deluxe...Kenwood AM/FM radio with CD/USB and 6x9 speakers. I had the fairing painted to match my pearl white/cobalt blue scheme. Might be hard to tell from the pics, but the inside of the fairing is cobalt blue, not black.

Attached Thumbnails Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing-dlx20a.jpg   Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing-dlx23a.jpg  
Old 03-09-2009, 07:40 AM
wheelspin
Advanced
Default Memphis Shades

Smorgan,
You would have to get a turn signal relocation kit to mount a fairing if your turns are mounted on your handle bars. And possibly with some of the models that have them mounted up close to the side of the front end. If you need an inner fairing & radio & couldn't live with a i-pod setup the Dragon fly and several others are a nice setup & look great. Down side is they are $6oo.00 w/o a radio & up to $1400.00ish. If you could live with no inner fairing, no radio or an i-pod setup the Memphis Shades is a good bang for the buck. You can get them off of e-bay with the quick disconect mounts, fairing, windshield for $329.99 to your door (minus the turn signal relocation kit) from bk-rider. I would just do a search on ebay as the prices seem to be comming down. I would suggest the 9" windshield & if later you wanted a shorter one you could order one as they are cheaper than the 9". You get your choice of windshields from bk-rider when you order the fairing.
wheelspin

Old 03-10-2009, 08:28 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member

I just received the Stainless Trim and Tri Pouch for the Fairing from Phat Performance

Attached Thumbnails Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing-stainless-fairing-trim.jpg   Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing-pouch1.jpg   Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing-pouch2.jpg   Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing-pouch4.jpg  
Old 03-11-2009, 08:57 AM
wheelspin
Advanced
Default Memphis Shades Trim

The trim & pouches look real good. Where they expensive?
wheelspin

Old 03-11-2009, 09:21 AM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Snow1989
Keno...I picked up the dragonflyconcepts fairing...and it can have a radio installed...wish the pics were better but here it is on my deluxe...Kenwood AM/FM radio with CD/USB and 6x9 speakers. I had the fairing painted to match my pearl white/cobalt blue scheme. Might be hard to tell from the pics, but the inside of the fairing is cobalt blue, not black.
Snow1989,
Your set up looks great. How much did it set you back including the Kenwood?
Thanks,

Old 03-11-2009, 09:43 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by wheelspin
The trim & pouches look real good. Where they expensive?
wheelspin
The Slotted Stainlesss Trim was $ 39.00 and the Pouches were $ 69.00.

Memphis Shades also makes a Chrome Trim that is pointed on the ends and covers the windshield mounting bolts. I went with the Slotted because I liked the look better and I like the way it matched up on the ends. The pouches are made by Saddleman for Memphis Shades and close with velcro.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XARAN
The Lowers completely cut out the wind from below the Fairing
Ditto that. Got the lowers. The batwing fairing works great, and even better with the lowers. With the lowers I just get wind around my shins. There is also less movement transmitted to the handlebars.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:20 AM
Snow1989
Intermediate

Originally Posted by keno
Snow1989,
Your set up looks great. How much did it set you back including the Kenwood?
Thanks,
I admit it's pricey....complete it was $2600, but it's what I wanted and I just decided I wouldn't settle for something else. The Kenwood is AM/FM, CD, USB and has IPOD and Aux ports. It also has bluetooth capability and is a marine unit so some wet weather won't end the tunes. I also had the power plug installed to run my GPS on long trips. Speakers are 6x9 Kenwoods. They matched my paint perfectly down to the pinstriping. I didn't need to do any mods to lights or sheet metal. It's on and off in 5 minutes and I just tuck the power plug back down and I'm 'in the wind' again. I had great customer service and they reverified everything before doing it.

Last edited by Snow1989; 03-13-2009 at 01:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing