Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:14 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by wheelspin
I just purchased a new Memphis Shades fairing today for my Roadking with a 9" windshield. Should be here by next week anyway & I will post before and after pictures.
wheelspin
Hope you are as satisified as I am with the product. For my daily commutes it really meets my needs by stopping more wind than a windshield and is easily to remove.

Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:23 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Skitzer
My opinion ...... looks like a well made product and I'm sure they have a place on certain bikes but I would never put one on a softail. Just doesn't look right.
My .02
Skitzer

That was my opinion too , Im not a fan of windshields or bags on softails. I prefer the cruiser look. I like my Fatboy better without a windshield and bags. But for longer rides and back and forth to work a few times a week (135 miles r/t) I found I needed storage (bags) and some weather protection, I like the fairing look a lot better than a windshield and it stops more wind .

Most of the time my bike does not have the fairing or bags on it, but the nice thing is I now have the option and it only takes a couple of minutes to change it.

If I could afford it Id have my Fatboy and a Road Glide, but .........

Old 02-14-2009, 10:21 PM
parakiller
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone seen this on a Road King Classic? I am interested on a real world opinion on the look and fit...

Old 02-14-2009, 10:21 PM
parakiller
Road Captain

forgot to subscribe to this thread..

Old 02-15-2009, 08:33 AM
wheelspin
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memphis shade fairing on a Roadking

Parakiller,
I just put a memphis shades fairing on my 99 Roadking this weekend that I had ordered last week online. I got the 9" windshield and I am more than impressed in the quality, fit and finish of this fairing. I was thinking that I would not like the looks of the inside without an inner fairing. But the finish is nice & I have a mini tach that fills the space in the rear. With the windshield being black at the bottom and fadeing upward it all ties together and gives it a clean simple look from the rear view.
I have the sundowner solo seat & lowering shocks and I am 6'tall. When I sit in the saddle the windshield is about to the top of my nose or eyebrow height. I think I will like looking over the windshield in town but I am not sure about hwy speeds. I am used to looking through the windshield. As of now the 9" windshield is the tallest offered. The install was about 40-45 min tops & thats without moving the bike away from the garage wall in its storage position for the install. The fairing seems to be a solid fit with no issues that I see from sitting in the saddle in my pj's with my riding boots on and making motor sounds. (opps to much information!)
I have not drove the bike yet as I live in W. MI & had snow the last 2 days. I will post pictures in a few days as soon as I can get some on my computer and follow up with a road test when weather permits.
wheelspin
Originally Posted by parakiller
forgot to subscribe to this thread..

Old 02-15-2009, 11:27 AM
parakiller
Road Captain

LOL love the mental image (pj's and all that) I can definitely relate..I live in MN...no riding here for a while... thanks for you impressions. I think that I will be ordering one of these...where did you get yours and how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

Old 02-16-2009, 04:54 AM
wheelspin
Advanced
Default Re: Memphis Shade Fairing

I purchased it from e-bay. I can't recall the shop name without looking up the recipt. Do a search & they will pop up. To my house w/9" windshield & mounting hardware fairing it was $348.00-$349.00 to my front door.
wheelspin

Old 02-16-2009, 10:12 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member

Check with Phat Performance Parts, mine was $ 189 Fairing, $ 110 for mounting kit and $ 49 for the windshield. Free shipping and I received it in 3 days after order.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior

All in all, not a bad price. I had a standard clip-on windshield & saddlebags on my Deuce, and got tired of touring on a chopper without the wind protection, etc, with all the miles I do. Harley has an excellent fairing for touring, so I purchased it as well.

It's called an "Ultra", but at $23,000, it cost me a bit more than the Memphis Shades, and takes up a bit more space in the garage!!!!

Cannon

The following users liked this post:
Scott B. (06-14-2019)
Old 02-17-2009, 10:03 AM
wheelspin
Advanced
Default My Memphis Shades pictures

Ok everyone, if I can figure out how to post pictures here they are. Looks better in person as I was in a hurry & did not get enough angles with the fairing on. I did take it for a short ride. There is more air from around the bottom of the fairing than on the police windshield. Most of the wind does seem to be going over my head but I only got the bike up to 55 mph.
wheelspin

Attached Thumbnails Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing-dsc05740.jpg   Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing-dsc05741.jpg   Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing-dsc05745.jpg   Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing-dsc05747.jpg   Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing-catch-all-139.jpg  

Quick Reply: Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing